Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other 1st year DKIT'ers out there?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Thanks for that.

I guess I could do better in VB if I could put my mind to it, maths is my weak subject and most of my energy goes into that.
    Second year seems like an impossible dream at the moment, still trying to find the right balance and the workload is freaking me out a bit.
    Anyway I better work calls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

which lecturer do you have for maths?

when i was in first year all our CA tests were open book and very easy to get the subject nearly passed before the final big test.

if you just concentrate on the vb CA you should get a decent enough mark to make passing in the final exam very easy.

the workload in first year can seem like alot alright i remember staying back in the college till 9 alot of the time

We have Shane, good teacher but he's fast.
    I know our work load seems like a lot but it probably isn't.
    We have a VB assesment tomorrow, some of the class have a Multimedia Presentation. We have to do a webpage on geocities with a couple of dreamweaver pages, thats for Monday. We have to upload to moodle some time management log (yawn) for Study and Learning, that's also for Monday. Shane will probably hit us with an assesment next week, or the week after that.
    Its just trying to juggle so many classes and assignments, you either learn to keep up or you fall on your ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Shane Dowdall??

I had Karen Mullane and Seamus Bellew for maths both really really good lecterers, maths was always a weak point of mine but i cant give these lecturers enough credit there really good and hopefully you'll have one of them in the next maths module.

that does seem like a lot of work for the 4th week in first year, in 3rd year and my first assignment isnt due until the week after next

Yeah thats him. He reminds me of Tigger, always bouncing around :D

I'm glad somebody thinks our workload is a lot, to be honest I don't think the presentation for Interactive Multimedia is something we really need so early on, we got that assignment I think in our second week, we have had frig all classes in IM and to me its a bit of a cop out. There will be presentations until the start of Nov, I don't really want to listen to the ins and outs of a PS3 or the XBox 360 or even internet poker, I have no interest in it so what am I going to get out of it, probably not a lot.

Laters ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement