Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dsl sync problem with old Group 4 Security box

Options
  • 11-07-2007 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My first thread on this forum section so here goes...I was asked to install the broadband in a friend's house as he hasn't a clue how to wire the yokes up even with the instructions.

Now its the ericom wireless router. I hooked it up to a phone line in the Kitchen where he wants it sorted but got no DSL sync. I went to the eircom master box and there was a seperate computer socket on there with a cable that trails up to the old Group 4 security box. They don't have an alarm working at present and don't have group 4 security looking after them either.

Anyways, I tried the router in the computer socket on the eircom master socket and it synced up no problem. Unfortunately this location is not idea as there's no power for the router plus little space to have all this gear.

So my question is to you guys...is there any way, or some particular reason why it works only in the computer socket on the master and not in the kitchen???...as far as I can see the extension connection to the kitchen is made off the main junction box coming into the house.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just bumping this up to catch some attention by someone who has an idea what the issue is with the above...thanks

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The double socket was fitted by Eircom and it's probably because of the alarm being there. The modem will only sync in the computer side of the master socket. All the other extension sockets in the house are filtered because they are wired into the filtered side of the master socket.

Wireless is the easiest option for you.

@ frodo3, posting your phone number isn't a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

frodo3's post deleted. This isn't a jobs forum.

Advertisement