Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermaltake Soprano + 8800GTX

Options
  • 11-07-2007 5:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Possibly building a new rig soon currently in the sussing out stage. Thinking of a case and GFX match as above with possible 2nd card t follow later. Any forseeable problems sizewise etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

No reason they wont work should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nope, the case is big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Be careful...

Because the 8800 GTX is a VERY long card.. I had the Tsunami version which is very like the Soprano and it wasnt suitable .. i had to buy a bigger case.

Also if you check this link below, it states that the 8800GTX isnt compatible with the TT Soprano

http://www.tosk.co.uk/8800/

I'm sure you could cut the case to suit if you were really set on getting it, but just check it out first.

Daz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Internally it is the same as a coolermaster wavemaster. And it fitted in mine. I just had to use the bottom hd drive to fit the hdd or it wouldnt fit. IT is tight though. About 2/3mm from the hdd cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Cheers for the input :) Think I'll have a browse of some more reviews before deciding, i'll be a while before any decisions yet anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement