Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

may be suitable

Options
  • 11-07-2007 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I am just looking for other people experiences with phone lines that show up as "may be suitable". i am currently on the ballyglunin exchange in galway, a friend of mine 100 meters up the line has had broadband for the last few months and it works okish, over the last week mine has show up as may be suitable,
    I just want to know from other people's experiences wither their line actually worked when it showed up as may be suitable. and if it was actually usable.
    Jamie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Have a look here, near the end of the following thread:

Thread Link

I know of another line which was about 6 km long and was just about managing 2 mbps while other lines which are shorter were having difficulties. It all depends on how good the internal wiring is, how good a job eircom did on the lines in your area etc.

Sure the only way you can find out is by ordering, and if the modem cannot connect, then you can pull the plug on the contract (I think). Ask eircom themselves for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'm sure you can pull the plug. They can't charge you for a service they can't provide as they are in breach of contract as they can't give you the service in the contract.

Its when speeds are bad but within contention that you might have a problem as they could argue that they are giving you what you signed in the contract even if your connection falls to below dial up if you divide your contention into the speed you should be getting and it is above it then they are giving you what they said they would, no matter how crappy it is.

Advertisement