Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping a N95 alive (portable power options)

• 11-07-2007 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hello. Would anyone have any suggestions on a good way to keep the Nokia N95 running when away from power outlets? Something that would be manageable when travelling through airports, etc.

I was thinking about picking up a Power Monkey, the compact size and the fact that it comes with a number of adapters being the main reasons. Just wondering if the capacity (2200mAh) might be too low though? Does anyone have any experience with that charger or a similar one that they'd recommend?

I'll be getting one spare battery as well but keeping track of more than one spare would probably end up being too much hassle for me. (I don't actually have the phone yet but am hoping to pick one up from O2 this week.)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Are they mad battery hogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 digitalsnap

Thanks. I did some more searching last night and think I'll go with the Proporta USB battery (3400mAh). It looks small enough and can be charged from USB or AC/DC via a USB interface.

The Recharge4 (4800mAh) also looks interesting except for the power cable being a proprietary type of plug and lack of information on their website.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Thanks. I did some more searching last night and think I'll go with the Proporta USB battery (3400mAh). It looks small enough and can be charged from USB or AC/DC via a USB interface.

Snap! I was researching the same phone/power problem and came to the same conclusion. The standard USB cables and plugs put the Proporta ahead of the higher capacity Recharge4. I also discounted the 1600mAh Solio Universal Solar charger as I'm in rainy Ireland but I could see it being useful if one was travelling somewhere remote where the sun is at.

Proporta were back-ordered, but it still only took 5 working days to arrive from the UK and the postage was only €5ish.

Cheers, mec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

where did you order this proporta from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 digitalsnap

I ordered the battery with the Car and World AC chargers direct from proporta.com. The order confirmation showed it as being out of stock but the individual parts were in stock (I phoned them) so they sent those out the same day. That was on a Friday and I received the items the following Monday.

I now have all the accessories but no N95. I'm waiting on O2 to get more in stock, couldn't justify the extra 200+ for a sim-free one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i got a proporta usb charger for my n95..

pretty handy to have around the place, not just for my n95, but my ipod, camera etc..

more details here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Who said you can't run a N95 for a week? Here's my new portable (cough) setup :D

th_81947_P7204530cs_122_717lo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Mec-a-nic wrote:
    Who said you can't run a N95 for a week? Here's my new portable (cough) setup :D

th_81947_P7204530cs_122_717lo.jpg

Class :D you should send that photo to Nokia!

Advertisement