Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit on Student Bank account??

Options
  • 11-07-2007 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I've been readin through the BOI websit ebut no luck....

I have a 3rd level BOI Account. Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a direct debit on this type of account? I can't ring them at the moment (No phone until tomorrow)

If so, how exactly do I go about setting it up? I'm buying something that requires subscription and easiest way is DD (12 month contract). Do I just go into the bank and ask to set one up, give the name of the company that'll be taking the money, and the amount?

Any advise appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Shouldn't be any problem.

You can't "set up" a direct debit as such. If the subscription provides a direct debit option, they'll normally give you a form to fill in with sort code, account number, address of branch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

JohnCleary wrote:
    Hi guys,
    I've been readin through the BOI websit ebut no luck....

I have a 3rd level BOI Account. Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a direct debit on this type of account? I can't ring them at the moment (No phone until tomorrow)

If so, how exactly do I go about setting it up? I'm buying something that requires subscription and easiest way is DD (12 month contract). Do I just go into the bank and ask to set one up, give the name of the company that'll be taking the money, and the amount?

Any advise appreciated, thanks

Yes you can. You don't need to worry about contacting the branch. The company you're buying off will send you a form that allows them direct debit you're account. You sign this & they send it to your branch.

Advertisement