Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards most ridiculous ban ever!

Options
  • 11-07-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I have been banned from a board for posting this:

:rolleyes:

Is this the most ridiculous ban in Boards.ie history!!!!??????

:D

The moderator is doing one hell of a job there.....Goebbels would be proud!!!!
    :)

What a joke
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Perhaps you could post a link to the thread in question?

Perhaps post a link to the thread in question? Plus it's usually recommended to engage with the moderator via PM, have you done this?

Edit: Found it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53569022#post53569022

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Where/who/when?

Wanna give us a bit of context at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like the nazi aspect of OP. Makes an unban so much more likely to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lol

Deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You left out the comment which went along with that. It added nothing to the thread.

Have you PMed Dub13 or seamus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

What a joke

EDIT: Is this the biggest waste of a 700th post in boards.ie history? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Looks like you were warned not to post rubbish, you did and you were banned. Open and shut case :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What a joke
    The more sensationalist the thread title, the more straightforward the ban.

You were warned not to get at nikimere and his league and you posted what is probably the most annoying smiley on this site (after the green thing).

Look at it like this; how would you react if you said something to someone and they just rolled their eyes up to heaven? Now imagine that the person who did it is someone you don't particularly like, and someone who had previously been warned by others not to rile you up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

This appears to be the thread that started the whole incident, where you were warned, so i cant see why you think your ban is ridiculous.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53512430

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Ban this, ban that.....whatever, means nothing to me, but if you're gonna give someone the job of moderating a board, at least pick someone who knows what the word "moderating" means....!

(I'll use it again now)

Quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What a joke

No. You were banned for pissing off the mod.
    You got a clear warning & ignored it. Tough.

FYI - Telling only half the truth in a "I've been unfairly banned" whinge won't get you much sympathy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

According to the moderator he told you to stop breathing. You didn't do it so you got banned. Seems like a simple enough request.

Ban this, ban that.....whatever, means nothing to me,

Why not take off somewhere else then? If you don't want to abide by the site's charters or take note of what the moderators say - you just simply ask for a permaban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Hill Billy wrote:
    No. You were banned for pissing off the mod

My point exactly

Moderating indeed

:o
    Do you know what would be nice?

If there were proper moderators who cut the bull and left people to say what they want instead of, as they say in corrie, sticking their oar in every two minutes trying to get attention.

They should stay in the background as their role dictates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

pfft, this is nothing compared to randommember's infamous banning of '22. Back then one had to walk 17 miles in the snow to their nearest Boards outlet to deliver their post in the form of a handwritten letter in an envelope. The member in question was banned for not wiping their feet thoroughly before entering the building. There was much protest over the incident, and it was pointed out that the mess on the floor was negligible, yet the ban still stood. The moderator on duty that day was subsequently quietly dismissed and was known for their overtly strict and power tripping tendancies. Their fate subsequent to this is unknown, but many speculate that they became a militant leader in Germany in the 30s and early 40s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

124062877_c1208450e7_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If there were proper moderators who cut the bull and left people to say what they want instead of, as they say in corrie, sticking their oar in every two minutes trying to get attention.

What are you crapping on about? Moderators are entitled to take part in the discussion on the forums they moderate. In fact, they moderate the forum *because* they're interested in participating, and by extension are interested in having a lively and *usable* forum. If you're going to "stick your oar in" looking for attention every time somebody posts on a particular topic, then you're just being as asshole.

I read both threads. You were given a warning. You directly and completely ignored it. You got banned. I've never seen a more black-and-white banning on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

nutqj7.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

My point exactly

Moderating indeed

:o
    Do you know what would be nice?

Stupid-Internet_Police.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

you stuck your hand into the cookie jar after you were warned not to. And now you have no fingers! :rolleyes:

my cat's breath smells like catfood

Hill Billy wrote:
    No. You were banned for pissing off the mod
    My point exactly

A poor choice of words on my behalf maybe.

You crossed the line.
    The mod gave you a very clear warning.
    You ignored the warning.
    The mod banned you.

Sounds like he should have given you 5 penalty points for bad driving too. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

1.Would tend to go with peter collins on this one, moderating is quite a bit different to dictating... and should be kept as such.

2.To quote hill billy

"You were banned for pissing off the mod.
    You got a clear warning & ignored it. Tough."

This really goes to show how sheep like people really can be... hill billy your parents were really strict id imagine? Or are u naturally submissive or just an ass lick in general? see people have a right called freedom of speach...ever heard of it?

see people have a right called freedom of speach...ever heard of it?

Privately. Owned. Website.

English mother****er, do you speak it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Well, seeing as moderators dictate what their own roles dictate, that's not a problem!
    1.Would tend to go with peter collins on this one, moderating is quite a bit different to dictating... and should be kept as such.

Says who?
    doesnt give a rats who owns its human rights man

:D This made me LOL! Save the whales! Down with the evil opressors of the internet!

When the moderators of boards.ie physically imprison and torture you, then you can whine about human rights. To trivialize this term over some internet forum is not only sad, it's ****ing disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

THis is true , there are too many mods banning for stupid reason on this website . This ban in question seems to be more personal then controling muppetry .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Degsy wrote:
    Stupid-Internet_Police.jpg

Nice find :)

Ok. You've clearly no idea what human rights even means. So please, stop embarresing yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

1168702253-1167481579703.png

There is a disappointingly low amount of cat images in this thread...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement