Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards most ridiculous ban ever!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Frank.Schicksal.JPG

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

doesnt give a rats who owns its human rights man
    Take it to the ECtHR. See what they think of your argument. Go on. I dare ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

This sort of muppetry has got to stop.

How many feedback threads are filled with Freedom of Speech. How many mod & user posts have to be wasted replying. Yes in everyday life you can have freedom of speech but here you cant because you expressing your free speech could get the site we all enjoy taken down.

So onward with the cat pics or a freedon of speech card if someone has one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

JC 2K3 wrote:
    1168702253-1167481579703.png

There is a disappointingly low amount of cat images in this thread...

Correct.Lets dance!!
    Cliche-Kitten_Die.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The OP is the reason first line call centre staff think the public are scum.

If you have a problem with something, remember pizza.
    1. Dial the right number. Dominos don't give a fuck if you're thinking of killing yourself, and the Samaritans don't deliver pizza. (First: PM the moderator who banned you.)
    2. If the guy at Dominos pizza tells you he's sorry, they don't have pineapple, take a time out to get some perspective. Is pineapple really that important? Should you accept that it has no place on a pizza? (Think about it - are you just sulking because you got yours?)
    3. If Dominos don't have pineapple, you won't get pineapple. Calling the order guy a fucking nazi on the phone isn't going to make him shit pineapple, ready-peeled-and-chunked, for your pizza. (Being rude to the mod will get you precisely nowhere.)
    4. If you decide to talk to the manager at Dominos, don't tell him that the guy on the phone told you that you couldn't have pineapple, or diet coke, and garlic bread would make you fat, and when he comes to deliver your food he's going to try and screw your sister. (Don't tell lies on the feedback forum. We'll know.)
    5. Try and remember that even the manager at Dominos is still a guy who works in a fast food joint, and you're still just a dude buying pizza. (Not every car is a Rolls Royce. Not every entrepreneur is Richard Branson. Not every moderator gets sexually excited by the ban hammer.)
    6. It's nice to be nice. (Even on the intermation superwebway, politeness gets you further.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

THis is true , there are too many mods banning for stupid reason on this website . This ban in question seems to be more personal then controling muppetry .

How is it personal? He was warned against hassling another user, he did it again and got banned. Dear lord, at first all these "Ridiculous" ban threads were funny, but, seriously, no amount of cat pictures can compensate for the sheer stupidity of some.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

thx-jim-and-now-da-sportz.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

can see your point about muppetry last 2 or 3 posts classic examples, but there definitly is no effort gone into decisions, im obviously not speaking about everyone but in this case. definitly should be a fairer system for example.. two moderators to enforce a ban, i mean some people take this site seriously would go as far as to say live on it and its not exactly fair then in their case.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

humanji wrote:
    How is it personal? He was warned against hassling another user, he did it again and got banned. Dear lord, at first all these "Ridiculous" ban threads were funny, but, seriously, no amount of cat pictures can compensate for the sheer stupidity of some.

Surely depends on cuteness of said kittens!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

THis is true , there are too many mods banning for stupid reason on this website . This ban in question seems to be more personal then controling muppetry .

Really, so when he was warned for continuously harassing another user and then proceeded to **** on his thread it was personal and not because he was being an asshole. I'd ban someone for just posting :rolleyes: as they obviously have nothing more to contribute, don't you agree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

1This really goes to show how sheep like people really can be... hill billy your parents were really strict id imagine? Or are u naturally submissive or just an ass lick in general?

I'm calling the situation how I see it.
    No need for the childish "ass lick" comments.
    Or is that you exercising your "freedom of speach"? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

but in this case.

He showed a complete disrespect for the moderator as well as antagonizing the other poster who he was warned to stay away from.

He was told not to push the big red button, but he did!

1.Would tend to go with peter collins on this one, moderating is quite a bit different to dictating... and should be kept as such.

2.To quote hill billy

"You were banned for pissing off the mod.
    You got a clear warning & ignored it. Tough."

This really goes to show how sheep like people really can be... hill billy your parents were really strict id imagine? Or are u naturally submissive or just an ass lick in general? see people have a right called freedom of speach...ever heard of it?

Ban-Bucket.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Nah, the most ridiculous banning in boards history was that time we all multi banned a new account before they had even posted and sat around rubbing our hands together laughing evily. I believe that B even dressed as Vincent Price for the occasion.

Oh no…..wait…..that never happened, much like most of the other "ridiculous bans" that go on around here.

You were warned not to do something and you did it. If you were a child your parent would spank you, if you were in the Russian army circa WW2 you would have been shot but your on boards.ie so your banned.

It's ain't all that hard to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well i for one am truly boggled.

rolleyes1ei.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't think that smiley is big enough.

Myth wrote:
    rolleyes1ei.gif

You-Are-Seizure_deserving.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Hmmm.....the usual negative opinions from the moderators.

Thanks for that, but my point was really for everyone else, i.e. the people who keep this website going?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wmd-coal-mine.jpg

?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks for that, but my point was really for everyone else, i.e. the people who keep this website going?

I think you'll find that there are a few non-mods like myself who've given their 2¢ worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

can see your point about muppetry last 2 or 3 posts classic examples, but there definitly is no effort gone into decisions, im obviously not speaking about everyone but in this case. definitly should be a fairer system for example.. two moderators to enforce a ban, i mean some people take this site seriously would go as far as to say live on it and its not exactly fair then in their case.
    Eh, in English please?

It's not just mods that have negative opinions of your post or this thread, it's pretty much everyone. And it's the mods and admins that keep this site going, the rest of us just get to post here.

If the mods took a back seat to the discussions and didn't enforce the rules then it wouldn't be too long before everything would descend to petty name calling, and that would be the end of Boards. No one would be able to have a serious discussion if stupidity were allowed.

Oh, and this is the rolleyes you need in this situation:
    rolleyesbarfzu9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Hill Billy wrote:
    I think you'll find that there are a few non-mods like myself who've given their 2¢ worth.

Yep, but don't piss off the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

In fairness Peter you are not being particular honest in your original post

From going back over the forum it seems that yourself and Nikimere got into a bit of a online scrap over something that happened off Boards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055112631

The mod warned both of you to keep this discussion off the forum pages, you didn't listen, you were banned.

End of story, case closed. You were not banned for a rolleye smilie, you were banned because you would not listen to the instructions of the mod to stop arguing with Nikimere over something that happened off site. This is a very common policy of nearly all forums on Boards, if you have issues with someone due to something off site you deal with them off site. You don't drag down the forums here with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

OP why did you post that after the warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

OP why did you post that after the warning?
    coz it was Boards most ridiculous post ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You acted like a cock when you were told not to. So you were banned. It's pretty clear cut, but your childishness won't let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And let's be honest, some of your past posting on boards hasn't been massively constructive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

funnycatpictures57es6.jpg

Teh mods are big meanies.... wah wah.... :(:(

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement