Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards most ridiculous ban ever!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

OP please explain your rollseyes smiley. If you can give more context maybe people will think better of you here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Most of the bans here are unjust, IMO, from my own personal experience and reading this forum. The reason I feel they are unjust is that there is no reasonable way of appealing them without receiving unfair amounts of hassle back by people who like to think they're mature by sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "Nya nya nya nya nya!" and "Cry me a river!".

Common muck should not be allowed gather up and troll and goad people who are trying to appeal. Many of the people that lurk this forum to pass their opinion, are quite frankly, sheep and idiots. Mouthing off at the staff by a banned member is going to be expected - not other members mouthing off at someone for getting themselves banned. It's schoolyard nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Rozie wrote:
    Common muck should not be allowed gather up and troll and goad people who are trying to appeal.
    Which is why the appropriate, and often ignored, channels are in place. PM the mods, Helpdesk next if needs be, Feedback is a last resort.
    Rozie wrote:
    Mouthing off at the staff by a banned member is going to be expected
    I don't understand why aggression has to be the first resort...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

I didn't PM anyone cos, like I said, it means nothing to me.

If I say something and get banned, so what? I'm not going to withold posting something in case I get banned...I don't really care if that's the result.

My reason for highlighting this latest ban is the complete stupidity of it...a bloody smiley face and he's 'wielding the axe'.

Of all people on this site, you would think the moderators would be the most sensible.....?!

But you know, whatever....mind you, feedback is probably the worst of all which I hadn't realised til now!!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

My reason for highlighting this latest ban is the complete stupidity of it...

It certainly highlighted stupidity.

• Advertisement

Of all people on this site, you would think the moderators would be the most sensible.....?!
    Certainly not the user who allows the point to fly over his head time and time again...

Great - negative reply from....em...a moderator and negative reply from.....em....6,000,000 posts bloke

q.e.d.

Great - negative reply from....em...a moderator and negative reply from.....em....6,000,000 posts bloke

q.e.d.
    There, there. Its alright. It'll be better soon.

Zzzz............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Zzzz............

This thread started nowhere, and managed to end up negative somewhere.

Somebody please lock this.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Can you not lock it or haven't they given you permission yet, you clown

HAHAAHAHAA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

:rolleyes:

Can you not lock it or haven't they given you permission yet, you clown

HAHAAHAHAA
    Your wit makes me wet my panties.

Another clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'll defend you peter!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't, he'll go away eventually.

Oops, was that another negative reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Thanks all for feedback. Good night, and sleep well everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

doesnt give a rats who owns its human rights man
    I'm so glad you agree that the publisher of a website should have freedom of speech and as such be allowed to do whatever the hell they want on it.

I do think there should be some limits, but less than the law currently imposes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement