Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AM I a Troll

Options
  • 11-07-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

All,

A couple of months ago i joined Boards.ie Posting a topic on do other guys wear pyjamas. As a newbie i posted in a few forums that i considered were relavant to the topic , ie Fashion and appearance, social and Personal, And the Waterford forum. I was imediatly shut down without a chance of many replies. As a result i was told i was trolling. This term i didnt understand. I have tried to post the same today as all my threads are closed and again by the same admin i was shut down.

Is there no open discussion allowed on this board. My question was about an item of Clothing "mens pyjamas". There was nothing harmfull or bad content in relation to this subject. i just wanted opinion as some mates laugh when they see me in pjs and take the mick. just needed to know that i was not the only guy out there that wears them.

However due to the censorship of this site i may not be able to seek opinion. And i will be surprised if this thread is not closed before i get any replies.

SO THANKS FOR LISTENING- THIS MAY BE MY LAST POST- SHOT DOWN IN MY PJS
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Lol! At least he's funny if he's a troll :)

edit: This should probably be in feedback...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

You should've posted just one thread, probably on Fashion/Appearance.
    Creating multiple threads on the same topic across several forums is frowned upon.
    I once shot an elephant in my PJs. How he got in my PJs I'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BOO-hiss

yeah..the mods can be very trigger happy/ dictator like in their work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Why is he a troll? ... and yes I wear pyjamas, although I find it hard to spell and would never do it in public!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

You only need to create one thread on the subject and if it's in the wrong forum it will be moved to the appropriate one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

BOO-hiss wrote:
    yeah..the mods can be very trigger happy/ dictator like in their work!

^^
    Great first post....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Quit yer moaning troll!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

bluestripe11, this is a privately owned board and by registering you become a guest and must obey the rules and the moderators of boards.

You have less than 20 posts and everyone of them is asking for what people think of PJs.

Ex 1 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-2055095693.html
    Ex 2 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055079848
    Ex 3 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055080423&page=2

Enough already

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Quit your trolling moaner. :P

Hey OP, it just looked like you were taking the piss, what with every one of your posts got to do with pyjamas and spread over three forums. Just posting about them in one forum will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, do you honestly expect to be taken seriously when you appear to have an obsession with pyjamas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

It definitely isn't trolling which is adopting a position which you don't believe in in order to get a response and implies that the troll is insulting someone.

The three questions seem legitimate to me:

Waterford - Am I a normal Deishan
    Fashion- Are PJs making a comeback
    After Hours- An innocuous question looking for answers

I sometimes wear pajamas but find that they constrict the nether region and as a result usually kick the bottoms off during the night.

You have to remember that boards is privately owned (not by the moderators) and one can be banned for pretty much anything.

That said it could be argued that boards is like a club in which case the reason must be predictable and consistent.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Just never forget one thing OP- this is just a discussion board,not real life.

Chill Pill x2 ... and don't get yer PJ's in a twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

If I wasn't banned from Feedback I would have moved this thread there.
    bluestripe11: Create these sort of threads in the Feedback forum. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can't move a thread somewhere if you are banned there eh.
    I'll unlock it and move it if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

If you don't mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey... Who deleted my post. :'(

It's things like this that make baby Jesus cry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Thread-Crap-Worst_Ever.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Degsy wrote:
    Thread-Crap-Worst_Ever.jpg
    Now thats a troll...

Misc-Troll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Why is he a troll? ... and yes I wear pyjamas, although I find it hard to spell and would never do it in public!

You never spell pyjamas in public?

• Advertisement

Bluestripe11 I tried to take your poll but there is no option for 'Top Only'.

As nearly 35% of male boards users wear some sort of PJ combination (not counting Top Only which was unavailable) it might be worthwhile to seek a Pajamas Forum.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

The link above will help.

MM

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Bluestripe
    I warned you, more than once, between April and now - 16 posts - all about pj's = trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

*waits for a picture with the cats pyjamas...

Come on feedback...don't let me down!

logo.GIF
    I don't actually agree he is trolling, three threads, pretty polite, just a weird interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Trolling? Maybe, maybe not. But posting the same message across multiple boards, that's a spamming. ;)

here's another..if he aint atroll he's a weirdo..maybe post in sexa nd sexualitycatpjs.jpg

Trolling? Maybe, maybe not. But posting the same message across multiple boards, that's a spamming. ;)
    How is it maybe trolling? How could it be trolling. You say 'maybe, maybe not' where's the maybe?

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

However due to the censorship of this site i may not be able to seek opinion.
    I was imediatly shut down without a chance of many replies.

Censored? Not all of your threads were shut down. This one is still open and has had plenty of replies......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055080423&page=2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

posting in three forums? sounds like a greedy troll! just give him his pastilles and move along!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

bleatban2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement