Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AM I a Troll

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I don't actually agree he is trolling, three threads, pretty polite, just a weird interest.

Considering the fact that I warned him last April about this and yet he's back again doing the same thing, trolling is exactly what I'd call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

OP - you need to join up with katiemac and propose a clothes fetish S & S sub-forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

'What is your worst pair' lol!
    I just think trolling has to be on purpose and I doubt that he understands how boards works. Just my opinion of how it looks.
    I'll let him explain his case!
    As a newbie i posted in a few forums that i considered were relavant to the topic , ie Fashion and appearance, social and Personal, And the Waterford forum. I was imediatly shut down without a chance of many replies. As a result i was told i was trolling. This term i didnt understand. I have tried to post the same today as all my threads are closed and again by the same admin i was shut down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Considering the fact that I warned him last April about this and yet he's back again doing the same thing, trolling is exactly what I'd call it.

Given that you reserve the right to ban any user at any stage for any reason and none there can be no such thing as an unjustified ban. Bans require no justification (as you understand it).

The question of trolling must be addressed seperately from the mere threat of a ban.

Just because you threatened to ban bluestripe11 if he didn't stop talking about pajamas doesn't make him a troll. He isn't a troll and your saying he is doesn't make him one.

On the other hand you could legitimately ban him for talking about pajamas given that you had told him that he would be banned if he continued to talk about them.

This would not be banning someone for trolling but rather for getting stuck in a stupidity filter.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

So, OP, what's the interest in pyjamas? Is it a fashion statement or a way of life - or is it life itself?

http://www.filmspot.com/users/Bluestripe11/

http://forums.menshealth.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/275109121/m/670106661 19th post from the top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkNas8OGhD8 comments and responses

I don't think that you are a troll, you are simply on a global quest, searching for your niche forum.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

what does the term trolling mean??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

philstar wrote:
    what does the term trolling mean??
    What does the term Googling mean?

To type keywords into google looking for documents that contain a piece of information?

What do the words 'not everyone is used to the internet mean'?

MM

To type keywords into google looking for documents that contain a piece of information?

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Use Google more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I have to say i was surprised to see that thread locked too. If the person wants to talk about pyjamas I don't see why that should be a problem. Even if that's all the person wants to talk about.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

humbert wrote:
    I have to say i was surprised to see that thread locked too. If the person wants to talk about pyjamas I don't see why that should be a problem. Even if that's all the person wants to talk about.

Why not open a pyjama thread in all forums so.....

He opened several threads across several different forums about pyjamas despite being warned to refrain from doing so? The thread that was placed in F&A, where it should have been IMO, is still open. Don't see what the fuss is really. Learn from it, move on and enjoy boards OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Some people like to stereotype boards users as being obsessed about single issues. Go and talk about something else and prove me wrong? Please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement