Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco Wildcark Masking

Options
  • 11-07-2007 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

hi has anyone anygood resources on the net for explaining this the testout cbt i have been using has been good but its is bit lacking on this. I can do it no problem for full subnets but for ranges of address i am bit lost on how to do it

cheers,

eoghan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Something I need to revise myself but essentially it comes down to mapping it out in binary as opposed to using the magic number trick and inverting the way you would for subnets. Line up your ranges in binary one under the other, then from left-right zero the bits that match up until the first column that doesn't, this is your stop point and from here '1' everything else. Convert back to the wilcard mask and you now have one that represents the range. It's basically an inverse of a route summary.

Advertisement