Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pier caps for gate piers

Options
  • 11-07-2007 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for pier caps for the gates of my 1930s house. The original ones are pyramids with three rows of stepping at the bottom, in red concrete, but they're in rag order.

There are pyramids in Smith's in Greenhills Road, but they're much shallower and don't, on a quick look, seem so nice. Would anyone know where there are nice ones that would suit a 1930s house? (I don't want anything fancy like granite - just nicer shaped ones than the standard.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Doing a bit of 'drive-by' shopping late at night??? Eh? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Heh, me and my chisel...

I suppose I'll end up getting the Smiths ones. Saw some really nice 1930s-style ones on people's gates, though. Wonder where they're getting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Oh thanks, hobie - the second lot are nice (the first only seemed to have two that you could look at), but the ones I liked best didn't come in 18", the size I'd like. I suppose I'll end up getting what's available and living with it.

I realised that those Killeshal pier caps were drawings, openable as DWF files, so I downloaded a Mac reader for DWFs and tried to look at them (McDiff is the app). But I'm getting errors on all except one of the ones that are the right size. I've emailed the company, but maybe they don't mind their website much - the link at the bottom of the page to the PC-type viewer brings up a 404.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Looks like those files are CAD files ..... nothing simple in life that's for sure .... :(

You could have them snail mail you a brochure perhaps? .... :confused:

Found a site that reads those DWF files http://dwfit.com/index.aspx

Advertisement