Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When should i post for a letter to arrive monday?

Options
  • 11-07-2007 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I want to post a letter and have it arrive (basically across the road) Monday morning. I know all the letters go to Cork now but I'm just wondering when exactly should i post it. Thursday or Friday???

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Hello,
    I want to post a letter and have it arrive (basically across the road) Monday morning. I know all the letters go to Cork now but I'm just wondering when exactly should i post it. Thursday or Friday???

Cheers

You could hand deliver it over the weekend. I recently sent a letter to Ennis from Limerick and it arrived the next day (mid-week) - there was an afternoon collection from the post office. So, I guess if there's an afternoon collection on Friday then it should arrive there on Monday - if there's only an evening collection - it may be best to post it on Thursday..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Thursday evening.

Or if you post in the post boxes on the dock road, there just after the dock entrance they are supposed to deliver next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Thurday afternoon it is then, excellent thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

cross the road on Monday 00:01am and put it through the slot in the door yourself

:)

haha, i was waiting for that! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ seriously like that would be much easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

1huge1 wrote:
    ^^ seriously like that would be much easier
    ....and cheaper! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

guess you don't wanna post it personally though, do you, otherways you would have thought of that at the beginning. i would say post Friday before the last collection. usually works for me anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If you are posting it so as to have a record of the fact that you posted it, try to get a certificate of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

he needs to send it registered if he needs a proof/certificate. just getting a receipt for the stamp wouldn't count as a receipt of posting (giving the letter physically to to An Post). that's why it is called "registered".

call me smart ass now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

hey did the letter arrive on time. i've been away (got some sunshine in France):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

he needs to send it registered if he needs a proof/certificate. just getting a receipt for the stamp wouldn't count as a receipt of posting (giving the letter physically to to An Post). that's why it is called "registered".

call me smart ass now :D

Well, not nessecarily. I regularly post lots of letters thru regular post and they give me a certificated of posting in the post office

I just handed it to her at midnight, turned out better anyway - it was a present so i got to see her face! Thanks to all though, sorry i didnt test the system for ye's but sure another day another dollar eh?! (well something like that)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

Liam Byrne wrote:
    ....and cheaper! :eek:

cheaper??? arent you the guy who could afford laxatives and stuff and to leave half a drink!!! must be a different guy...

Advertisement