Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children Home Alone without a Creche

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Ayla wrote: »
    If a 14 year old is legally responsible enough to be hired to watch someone else's children, why would a 13 year old not be responsible enough to watch his own brothers?

The difference is the 14 year old babysitter is GETTING PAID to do so, I doubt the OP would be paying his son. I know, if I was going for a job interview or going into work, I'd take better care of my appearance because I'M GETTING PAID TO DO SO, otherwise I'm more laidback about how I look. Also, boys tend to be more immature than girls at that age.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Demonique wrote: »
    Some moron on some other board blamed "wimmin" working outside the home on the high price of houses. Apparently two incomes = people can afford to pay double the prices houses were before wimmin got the ungodly notion that their rightful place was somewhere other than being at home waiting on their husband's every desire.

I actually have to agree with this statement also the breakdown in society can be blamed on this.

Latchdoor kids - no one at home during the day to watch what trouble they are getting in to, parents too tried to do homework with children and then jsut lavish expensive gifts on the children to alleviate their guilt and woulding way jack and Emily, are doing drugs and are pregnant by tiem they are 15

makes you think

Advertisement