Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earth Wind and Fire

Options
  • 11-07-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Just wondering if there are any genuine Earth Wind and Fire Fans out there?

especially musicians! anyone seen them live, played their songs, anything!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jimbo808

*Bump*

someone give me an opinion on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think they've some fantastic numbers: Groove Tonight is painfully phunkeh! Boogie Wonderland is great too. And I love After The Love Has Gone. September is a bit cheesy. Their songs do have a bit of an "instrumental muzak for Roches Stores in the early 80s" feel to them, but they're still great. Philip Bailey has an excellent voice. I actually love Easy Lover (that number he did with... Phil Collins!) It's one of my guilty pleasures.
    Oh, and Fantasy is great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Guilty as charged

Also have a secret liking for most naff 70-80s soul. Slave/Steve Arrington, Rose Royce, Loose Ends, Stephanie Mills, Billy Paul etc :)

BTW - there is a soul forum on boards OP.

edit: just saw your post in the Soul forum...

I echo thee on the 70s/80s naff soul. Quality. Remember Jakki Graham - "Round and around and arou-ou-ound"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dudess wrote:
    I echo thee on the 70s/80s naff soul. Quality. Remember Jakki Graham - "Round and around and arou-ou-ound"

Also Could It Be I'm Falling In Love with David Grant. Battle of the Soul Glo....

• Advertisement

Have it on Now That's What I Call Music 6! Remember Mai Tai: "Our love is HIS-TO-RY!"

Just thought of my fave group of that ilk: Imagination. Just an Illusion and Body Talk are fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jimbo808

in the Stone is one of my favourite tracks of all time!

I posted a link in the soul/R'N'B'/Funk forum with links to live
    performances of the song by EWaF and also by ALOT of marching bands. The result is quite cool

Advertisement