Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pic up places in Dublin

Options
  • 11-07-2007 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Right. Im just back from New York, and basically there, you could sit at a bar, and start talking to the girl beside you no problem. There was a great bar in the West village "Fat Black Pussy Cat" where you could have a pint play agame of darts and start chattin to girls. They didnt blow you off with like a "Oh no he didn't!" Highly recommend checking out that bar if anyone gets the chance.

Dublin, not so much tho. I like Dublin, dont get me wrong, but its fairly clicky. Where are the best spots that arent too clicky and you could even go on your own :eek: and start chatting to someone.

Not really into the drunk as you like copper face or break for the border or the like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

oxygen wrote:
    "Fat Black Pussy"
    my work here is done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

oxygen wrote:
    They didnt blow you off
    Mine also.

You should have stuck it in the Dublin forum tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

'ported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Great idea, asking people who post on an internet forum where to go to meet women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

I hear Copperface Jacks is good if you're desperate.

I'll be there next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

Great idea, asking people who post on an internet forum where to go to meet women.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

[sarcasm] Thx guys. Food for tought, I will take it all into consideration. [/sarcasm]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

I don't know of anywhere like that in Dublin, you can go to the drunken culchie type places e.g. coppers, flanagans etc. or the so called cool places like hogans and dame lane etc. where you're less likely to be able to just dance and then start snogging some yolk who's out "havin' de craic".
    American women seem to have so much to say for themselves and will talk to anyone who will listen, and if you have an accent they're even more interested in you. The only guys I know that pick up in bars in Dublin just happen to have been blessed with seriously cheesy charm that the chicks really seem to dig, or they're the jack-the-lad types who start joking around like morons and insulting the girls in question, that seems to work too. I don't have either skills so I just talk to them normally, and that never leads to anything. So yeah it's not often I hook up with women but it's quality not quantity in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

As soon as Irish people start 'dating' like the Americans, then there may be places like this in Dublin. Could you imagine asking a girl if she wants to go for a coffee... and then actually going for a coffee?! Bleedin Yanks! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement