Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithuania Open 2007 (IPSC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Thanks Packas:D Just maybe the weather will be better!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

packas wrote:
    Also details of the stages can be found here for anyone interested:-
    http://www.npsa.lt/varzybos/lto/2007/stages.ppt

Bloomin Nora....
    Those stages look cool. I've watched some videos of practical shooting on the web - the speed and precision is amazing - almost have to watch it in slow motion. You must have to pay some excess luggage charges bringing all that ammo with you :D .

I think I'll stick with the ISSF air and smallbore for now - doubt I could convince the wife to support a habit of a couple hundred rounds of 9mm/.40SW a week :eek:

Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Some big names shooting that match, it would be worth going over just to watch them.
    Best of luck lads, do the IPSA proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Good luck sidneyreilly, it was good to finally meet you! I never saw anyone that could shoot a Glock that quick before (11 rounds less than 1 sec):D :D:D !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

bigred wrote:
    Bloomin Nora....
    Those stages look cool. I've watched some videos of practical shooting on the web - the speed and precision is amazing - almost have to watch it in slow motion. You must have to pay some excess luggage charges bringing all that ammo with you :D .

I think I'll stick with the ISSF air and smallbore for now - doubt I could convince the wife to support a habit of a couple hundred rounds of 9mm/.40SW a week :eek:

Best of luck lads.

Bigred,

Take a look at this link if that impresses you. It shows half the stages that some of us will be shooting this year at the European Championships in France this Sept. This competition invloves 4 days shooting. 6 stages per day. Over 1000 competitors invloved:-

http://www.fftir.fr/index.php?FicheNum=1980

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Best of luck Lads , and enjoy:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

We'll try to bring home the bacon - failing that - we'll try to get on the news.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Good luck lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Go gettem lads!!

Bananaman wrote:
    We'll try to bring home the bacon - failing that - we'll try to get on the news.

:)
    Sounds interesting:D ;):D;):D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Took a look at those stages in that .ppt file but
    had not got a clue how to read those diagrams.
    Anyone care to explain how they work ?
    Whats the Window like rectangles mean ?
    (and everything else)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

From my understanding of Stage 1 (feel free to correct me)

Blue rectangular shapes are hard cover, you can shoot around them but not through them.
    Cream hexagonal shapes are targets, they must be shot a minimum of twice
    White Hexagonal shapes are no shoots
    Blue lollypop stick looking things :D (cp1, cp2, cp3) are plates, shoot them to knock them down
    the green barrels are just obstacles (I think)
    and finally the red dotted area is the area you are allowed move in when engaging all the targets

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    From my understanding of Stage 1 (feel free to correct me)

Blue rectangular shapes are hard cover, you can shoot around them but not through them.
    Cream hexagonal shapes are targets, they must be shot a minimum of twice
    White Hexagonal shapes are no shoots
    Blue lollypop stick looking things :D (cp1, cp2, cp3) are plates, shoot them to knock them down
    the green barrels are just obstacles (I think)
    and finally the red dotted area is the area you are allowed move in when engaging all the targets

N.O.I.P.
    Spot on !! The trouble with the drawings is that they are trying to represent a 3D picture in a crude fashion. Some organisers are beginning to use 3D software to more accurately model the stages so that competitors can do a virtual walk through before they get to the range. Still though there's no substitute for actually walking the stage itself to determine your tactics (where to run to to engage targets, where to do reloads so you don't run dry etc..). This whole process can become quite difficult especially on a long stage with 32 scoring hits to achieve. You only sometimes get 3 minutes to walk the stage and figure out how to shoot it (you're not allowed walk the stage at any other time. If you do, you get a warning and maybe even a disqualification for unsportsmanlike conduct if you repeat the offence). To add to that you've got 6-8 other shooters all walking the stage at the same time trying to figure out how to best shoot it as well. When you're called to the line to shoot you've got to be able to call from memory where all the targets are, otherwise you can easily go past one and get penalties for not engaging the target on top of penalties for not putting holes in it. You've really go to be mentally switched on and "in the zone" to shoot a stage well. But it's great fun :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

" The Bubble " and Pack is very modest , despite a disappointing stage at last Saturdays final selection shoot for the Irish Team Pat shot a cracking last stage and made the squad , well done Pat.:D

les45 wrote:
    " The Bubble " and Pack is very modest , despite a disappointing stage at last Saturdays final selection shoot for the Irish Team Pat shot a cracking last stage and made the squad , well done Pat.:D

Cheers John Ya.. My bubble burst (mental concentration) last Saturday alright!! Got a temporary patch on it though which kept me going:) . Hopefully I can get one of those puncture resistant ones for the European championships:D :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

packas wrote:
    Bigred,

Take a look at this link if that impresses you. It shows half the stages that some of us will be shooting this year at the European Championships in France this Sept. This competition invloves 4 days shooting. 6 stages per day. Over 1000 competitors invloved:-

Had a look at that French place. The shoot-off course looks like it would make for some tense TV - it's almost like one of those neck-and-neck special stages you get for the rally cars. Wow.

bigred wrote:
    Had a look at that French place. The shoot-off course looks like it would make for some tense TV - it's almost like one of those neck-and-neck special stages you get for the rally cars. Wow.

Kind of like the Steel Challenge in the USA. It's very TV friendly as competitors stand still & shoot head to head. Tense stuff alright.

Check out the steel challenge website stage designs:-

http://www.steelchallenge.com/steelchallenge/2006/stages.htm

packas wrote:
    Bigred,

All the 24 stages for the IPSC European Handgun Championships are now on the website. There are steel poppers & paper targets to be engaged out to 40m. Even bobbing targets over 30m away.

Advertisement