Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Revenue Online Calc - OMSP

Options
  • 11-07-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Guys, I'm baffled by the OMSP figures generated by the Revenue's Online VRT Calculator (https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/ShowVRT)

E.g.

Jan 2006 RS4, 20,000 miles: €26,946 VRT
    Jan 2007 RS4, 10,000 miles: €27,497 VRT

So in effect you can get a year newer car with half the mileage for just €551.

What I'd like to know is has anyone entered a VRO office with a printout from these, i.e. will they use that figure or would they just do a 'proper' estimate when you call in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

they use the same system on their site, and if you have the print out, they'll put it through using the ref number on your printout.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

VRT wise yes. The cost of the car will be a good bit more retail however.

Be wary using that VRT calc. too much. It picks up frequent "popular" cars, as can up the VRT to suit I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

Thanks chaps. The difference in the OMSP values are still very strange. I guess that's our advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

VRT wise yes. The cost of the car will be a good bit more retail however.

Be wary using that VRT calc. too much. It picks up frequent "popular" cars, as can up the VRT to suit I've read.
    ye this is true, they use it to work out popular cars so they can make more money on them.

and if you want a good deal... VRT on RX-8 is really cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I have a simular problem so I post it here. I am looking to buy a Fiat Stilo in the north the cars price is €3500 with 34,000 miles on the clock its a 2003 car but the vrt calcuation is
    (payable on enquiry date) €1975 they put down a OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €8782

Do would I pay 22.5% of €3500 or of the open maket selling price?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

jjbrien wrote:
    I have a simular problem so I post it here. I am looking to buy a Fiat Stilo in the north the cars price is €3500 with 34,000 miles on the clock its a 2003 car but the vrt calcuation is
    (payable on enquiry date) €1975 they put down a OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €8782

Do would I pay 22.5% of €3500 or of the open maket selling price?

You pay 22.5% of their valuation unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Yep, you pay based on their figure rather than the real figure... Come on, you didn't think it would make sense, did you? ;)

Advertisement