Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Company in Carlow

• 11-07-2007 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Not sure if it was a rumor or not, but did i hear mention of a new IT company opening a new office in Carlow somewhere?

Anyone heard of this or what kind of jobs will be going?

Google doesn't want to seem to tell me the answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Cant remember the name but there is a call center type set up coming to the Technology park. The IT skills they require are ... ECDL....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It would be nice to see someone making use of the technology park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Yeah, i actually worked on that place for a while, planting trees and the like for a while. Its a Shame it isn't being used after all the work that went into it.

Whats the story with that single building in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭useless

Ishmael wrote:
    Whats the story with that single building in there?

I *think* it's used to market the 'Technology Park', same way that builders use showhouses (or the new name 'marketing suites') to sell new houses.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

IT Companys in a business park? I dunno.. smaller IT companies like myself preffer office space which is also cheaper. Bigger IT companies need shopfront if they are selling products but im sure they would prefer to be in a more visable location..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Was in the news (convientently) before the election... Forget the comapny too. About time something went in there. Outrageous tot hink that just 40 miles up the road in Citywest, it's burstung at the seamns with top companies yet we couldn't get one down to Carlow. IDA failed in marketing it I reckon.
    New motorway will have, should have a positive impact on future investment. Now ith Lapple going, Irish Sugar gone etc Carlow badly needs attention ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

"Intellicom, a new call centre is about to open in Carlow and hopes to employ 100 people between now and September and additional people after that."

Don't know if they are still going ahead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

mfitzy wrote:
    it's burstung at the seamns with top companies yet we couldn't get one down to Carlow.

Don't we count? :(

I'm hurt

*sniff*

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Have Intellicom actually moved into that building yet? I pass by it daily and have yet to see the barrier at the front of it moved! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Intellicom was the name of it, they had interviews about two months ago which i attented and got a letter a few weeks ago saying their schedule was put back because they were having trouble with getting broadband and stuff there. Theyre a call centre that handle complaints for eircom and ntl and stuff like that, have a place in clonmel already. Website isnt up to much http://www.intellicom.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol they handle complaints to eircom and NTL? and they're having trouble getting broadband? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

my girlfriend was offered a job there, and she only know how to us a computer from her college course!!! to tell you of the technology needs of intellcom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Raz0rblade

know a guy who did an interview there and he asked some I.T. questions bout what hardware thewy would be using... and got an 'i don't know' from the woman doing the interview

Advertisement