Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2142 - 22 euro in Argos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

me too, thanks for the heads up, been looking around for it, it's 30 in game and 50 in Virgin, 50 me arse

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

MooseJam wrote:
    me too, thanks for the heads up, been looking around for it, it's 30 in game and 50 in Virgin, 50 me arse
    I paid 30 for it in Virgin , Blanch a week ago .(after I bought the only copy Game had ,but returned it as it didnt have a serial printed on the manual)

I paid 30 for it in Virgin , Blanch a week ago .(after I bought the only copy Game had ,but returned it as it didnt have a serial printed on the manual)

Jaysus so Vigin can't even get the prices right between stores, It's definately 50 in Virgin Dundrum, I was in there today, checked a couple of boxes too in case it was just priced wrongly but no, 50 on all of them

MooseJam wrote:
    Jaysus so Vigin can't even get the prices right between stores, It's definately 50 in Virgin Dundrum, I was in there today, checked a couple of boxes too in case it was just priced wrongly but no, 50 on all of them
    Crazy!
    I'd say it'd show up as 30 when the till monkey scanned it but hey !
    if its 22 quid in argos , sure go there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I will wait till it's free with shreddies but not if i have to send p&p .

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

d22ontour wrote:

Lol. The game is half dead so should be half price so worth about 1.50 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

d22ontour wrote:

I'll wait til the cocopops version, shreddies give you those hard to push poo's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lol. The game is half dead so should be half price so worth about 1.50 :cool:

I would beg to differ. 2142 is by no means dead at all, there are still hundreds of servers online at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Agree with Christoph, filters are 10+ on a server, not full, below 80latency and i show up at least 180 servers, 200+ on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

same here. an unfiltered search brought up 583 servers last night.

I also like the fact that there are still a good few NS servers out there despite predictions that it would be dropped after a month. Yes, there are fewer, but I always seem to find an almost full server with decent latency.

anyone know any way to get the actual latency number instead of the lights on the quick connect screen ?

• Advertisement

LoLth wrote:
    same here. an unfiltered search brought up 583 servers last night.

I also like the fact that there are still a good few NS servers out there despite predictions that it would be dropped after a month. Yes, there are fewer, but I always seem to find an almost full server with decent latency.

anyone know any way to get the actual latency number instead of the lights on the quick connect screen ?
    the /advanced/ tab shows the actual latency if I remember correctly.
    Whats with all the 2142 hate anyway?
    I'm enjoying it ,more than I did bf2 (I used to play a lot of BF:V) and there's plenty of servers out there for it.
    Each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

im a css clan player now addicted to the game, anyone out there big on teamplay add me!

jujuski

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭calsatron

50% of them are camp gibraltar though, man I'm sick of that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yeah, gibraltar / cerbere landing were great fun but they've jsut been played to death now. Same is going to happen port bavaria.

I much prefer servers with some form of map rotation. though I do have to say, I'm still finding new ways and places on tunis harbour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i got it for €25 in virgin after christmas doesnt seem much of a bargain €3 cheaper

i got it for €25 in virgin after christmas doesnt seem much of a bargain €3 cheaper

Don't knock it, it's definately the cheapest anywhere round these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

current cat clearance i nargos....19.59, jsut picked it up today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

i payed €20 a can of coke and a fun size twix for my copy, a friend won it at a lan and didnt want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

even though i paid 19 euro. Game msut be the biggest bug filled game ever..

ive played jsut one game, it keeps freezing during loading screen, yes ive done all the fixes still happens......jsut gotta wait for them to fix it i guess, very poor though....

class game though from my one outing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

even though i paid 19 euro. Game msut be the biggest bug filled game ever..

ive played jsut one game, it keeps freezing during loading screen, yes ive done all the fixes still happens......jsut gotta wait for them to fix it i guess, very poor though....

class game though from my one outing.

The first time you attempt to play it will cache all the textures, and that can take several minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ugh its tempting.. then again I dont play much BF2 anymore... :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

What do you play most then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 .:iE/Dixy

2142 is still worth playing and plenty of servers still available

www.irish-esports.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What do you play most then??

Its strange before I had my new pc I played games several hours day when I got my new pc I just stopped and now I only play 5 hours a week id say!

All I play are insurgency CS 1.6 & Source... 1.6 and source most cause I can play them with my friends

Im big into the whole going outside thing lately cant get enough of the stuff lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 .:iE/Dixy

Going outside??
    I think thats bad for you or something

www.irish-esports.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

€22 is a damn good deal for 2142, should get hours and hours out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

has any one actually got this from argos, I went in there yesterday and could not see it in the catalogue or in that smaller special catalogue thingy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Hooky

What the heck is 2142 Im only back out of a choma

good to have you back in the land of the living, 2142 is the latest instalment of the battlefield series, basically more of the same but in the future, future weapons and vehicles etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Hooky

Is it realistic or far fetched, i dont like the far fetched games.

Advertisement