Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2142 - 22 euro in Argos

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I haven't played it myself so one of the other guy's would better be able to answer but I believe it's realistic enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

so anyone know anywhere to get 2142 on the cheap? Like in a shop not on the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭250882

I have all the battlefield games since they started but havent got 2142 yet. I live in the back of beyond so dont get broadband and have only ever played singleplayer and mods, is there a single player on 2142?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

There is, but its pretty crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hooky wrote:
    Is it realistic or far fetched, i dont like the far fetched games.

I would say its sci-fi but realistic. there arent laser weapons or super personal armour. Vehicles include:

Standard Tank
    Hover Tank (acts like a hovercraft but has a great big gun :) )
    APC (wheeled)
    battlewalker ( two legged tank with ground and anti air)
    FAV (jeep)

weapons:
    basic and realistic: machine gune, heavy machine guns, pistols , knife, sniper rifles , grenades, smoke grenades, APM , AT rocket , AA rocket

sci - fi : AT rifle (single shot, 6 rounds) , sentry drone( placeable gun ) , active camo (lovingly referred to as predator cloak when the game first appeared on boards), netbat - shared info between squad members (shows target , target kit, target health , vehicle, tracking cloaked etc), motion mines (sci-fi becuase they only target enemy vehicles, though dont the US use vehicle transponders now ? ), EMP granades / mines (cripples a vehicle for a short period)

aircraft are two types: troop transport and attack . these are jet-copter type affairs. easier to control than in BF2.

The most sci-fi bit would be the Titans, huge flying fortresses with shields and guns.

Oh, and there's drop pods, 1 man semi controllable missiles that let you eject from vehicles.

so, not as sci-fi as it could have been (certainly not liek that star wars version of BF2). there is a star wars mod in progress though that looks quite good.

• Advertisement

Well in the end I got it for 30 yoyo in game. I checked later and Smiths had it at that price also. I got it in game and went back like 3 weeks later to get the Northan strike booster pack as they had a version you could buy a key and then download it. but it was gone and it seems game have made their PC section even smaller now. This was in the shop in Blanchardstown shopping center. Anyone seen it any where else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well in the end I got it for 30 yoyo in game. I checked later and Smiths had it at that price also. I got it in game and went back like 3 weeks later to get the Northan strike booster pack as they had a version you could buy a key and then download it. but it was gone and it seems game have made their PC section even smaller now. This was in the shop in Blanchardstown shopping center. Anyone seen it any where else.

No matter what the temptation don't use EA Downloader for it, as EA have now decided that you can only download for 6 months after purchase unless you pay another 6 euro or so to extend that to 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

hmm
    did you patch it n all?
    seems wierd that it freezes on you,
    i never get problems with it really,
    never run into bugs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Spear wrote:
    No matter what the temptation don't use EA Downloader for it, as EA have now decided that you can only download for 6 months after purchase unless you pay another 6 euro or so to extend that to 2 years.

As far as I am aware you have to download NS, I dont think you can get it on CD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As far as I am aware you have to download NS, I dont think you can get it on CD.

I was referring to 2142 itself, but NS is download only.

• Advertisement

yes the version of NS that game were selling was only a box with a CD key in it. Witch was handy for people who dont have credit cards, like me. And I agree with who ever said EA downloader is dodgy it goes all weird and stuff I dont trust it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

most say i'm sure not tempted. never really thought much of it all. Seemed like just and average mod at best when i played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Thats the UK man , they don't seel 2142 in Argos over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Phoenixc

On a different topic, Does anybody here who has Battlefield 2142 want to meet up in a server tonight and play for an hour or so?
    I have never seen or met any irish players on it. Would be cool to have a group of us play together for a bit

Advertisement