Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does cokked chicken last in fridge?

• 11-07-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

hi. I roasted chicken on sunday evening. Its been in fridge since. is it safe to eat today?( weds)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

galwaybabe wrote:
    hi. I roasted chicken on sunday evening. Its been in fridge since. is it safe to eat today?( weds)

It's safe but surely dry. Bin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

If in doubt, chuck it out.

Sun-Wed seems a bit too long imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If stored properly it should be ok. People leave turkey around after christmas for shocking amounts of time. It should be cooled as quickly as possible after roasting and wrapped in cling film or tinfoil and put in the fridge ASAP. Think of packs of chicken in supermarkets, it has fairly long use by dates.
    surely dry
    Cling film helps it not dry out, also I sometimes make up soup and bung it in, or boil it up in curry sauce on the stove, with the added effect of killing any potential nasties that could be there.

The OP was 11july, I hope it was thrown out by now!

Advertisement