Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What business leader do you admire most?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

dahamsta wrote:
    Branson and O'Brien. Quinn and O'Leary are just plain greedy arseholes

In your "attempt" to slur Sean Quinn, I just had to laugh (again) at the statement above. At least Quinn & O'Leary pay income tax to the state. God knows where O'Brien pays his. Probably Malta or Portugal or some tax haven like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Michael O'Leary and Sean Quinn.

MOL - the Jose Mourinho of the business world. Arrogant, cocky, will do anything for attention. Love him or hate him - he's a good business man who is oviously very good t what he does.

Sean Quinn - a self made billionaire. Not afraid to put his money into anything which he can profit off. Always does things with brutal afficiantley. His purchase of Sheffield Wednesday should be done soon... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

Alan Sugar.

From nothing to everything all by sheer tenacity and an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Well as Alan Sugar is the former Chairman of Spurs, I do have to say what a good egg he is don't I?

I don't know much about Quinn, only what I read in the Business Post a few weeks back.
    The old "I live in the same house and play cards as a past-time" is a strange one.

Well I know you probably mean living Businessmen but the greatest Businessman I admire is Arthur Carnegie....he made his fortune, ttreated people who worked for him with kindness and respect and set up a foundation to share his wealth with those less well off in later life and after he was gone.

He knew most of the American Business leaders and Inventors of his time, Henry Ford and Thomas Edison amonst them.

A Business Genius and old fashioned Gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

dahamsta wrote:
    You didn't defend him, you attacked me. Get a clue.

sure ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭monkey24

Kenneth Lay / Jeffrey Skilling ha ha, now they were a good laugh ... lights go off .. SELL .. lights go on .. BUY ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Warren Buffet as well for me, he's a machine. He's pushing on though now, I hate to think what'll happen to Berkshire Hathaway when he goes.

Advertisement