Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Davis street is a crying disgrace. the fact that it is the first thing you see when you come out of the railway station is shameful.

There is a larger image of the city skyline in the city leader , the 2020 skyline that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^ ya i see that, its like on the front page and I must say it is very impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Nah just passing thru Bullets.

Well great minds think alike.I was going to see about doing those T shirts myself.But screw selling them on stalls.Sell them on the net.
    See what I mean about prissy attitudes and like Limericks town planners...No out of the box thinking in any of them.Now if maybe the T shirts had been in redbrick....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

two mini world trade centres,and numerous skyscrapers

What has this country in general got about high rise buildings. With land prices increasing high rise is the way to go.

The only major problem is it has to be quality like the new riverpoint tower and not half finished like the clarion.

I feel that Limerick is a city in mid evolution and that major changes are needed to give the city that new millemium feel.

People have complained about turning the inner city into a building site surely the opera centre is going to do the same.

I hope that the new bedford row is a success but I am not making any comments till its finished.

You consider the clarion as half finished? It was the first high rise building in limerick and I think it looks very impressive, the only downside is that its located beside the docks

• Advertisement

Yup I do remember years ago seeing the plans for it and the finish was meant to me very like the riverpoint building but rumours abound said funds dried up thus why we now have the white clad building.

Even with this though it did spark the major riverside redevelopment so thank god it got built at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What differene is it to turn the city into a building site. A building site can't look worse than what's there.

Even if you walk down Broadway or 5th Ave. they're buliding sites in parts too!!! and New York is a grid planned city!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Has anyone got a scan of the image?
    I've looked everywhere online, and can't find it.
    Plus I'm dieing of a flu, so the tought of going out to but the leader is heart breaking!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

what made me laugh about this article in the limerick post is that if you turn a few more pages you see the article about the residents still waiting 5 years on for the redevelopment of shelbourne park.. and then we still have the skaters.. i cant believe they are thinking of tearing down a street (cruises) that is not that old when 65% off the city centre looks like crap! as for all the stuff about the teenagers and scumbags.. why not give them something to do (skatepark, basketball courts, summer programmes)..

*cm* wrote:
    what made me laugh about this article in the limerick post is that if you turn a few more pages you see the article about the residents still waiting 5 years on for the redevelopment of shelbourne park.. and then we still have the skaters.. i cant believe they are thinking of tearing down a street (cruises) that is not that old when 65% off the city centre looks like crap! as for all the stuff about the teenagers and scumbags.. why not give them something to do (skatepark, basketball courts, summer programmes)..

The skatepark's already been addressed.
    LCC put it out to tender, and they were been quoted millions, so they're looking for better offers.
    How pissed off would everyone be to discover that they paid millions for a small skate park, that could have been better spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

The skatepark's already been addressed.
    LCC put it out to tender, and they were been quoted millions, so they're looking for better offers.
    How pissed off would everyone be to discover that they paid millions for a small skate park, that could have been better spent.

so negative.. maybe if they did spend a decent sum on it then maybe it would become an attraction to skaters worldwide as have our waves off the cliffs of moher to big wave pro surfers.. but instead its all about spending the bare amount just to get people to stay quiet for a while.. at the moment it feels like the park is to be built to get rid of these kids.. when it should be to encourage them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Why don't these skaters fundraise themselves and meet the city council half way on this or are they just too lazy?

Anyhow, the city centre plan would have businesses driving it forward, not solely the city council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Why are they so demanding that they get something from the city council?
    I want free poo bags for all dow owners provided by the CC!

Image was asked for and delivered

The free poo bag thing and poo bins was tried a few years ago but went the same way as the gum bins

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I want free poo bags for all dow owners provided by the CC!

And why shouldn't they? My council, Haringey, North London, has poo bag dispensers in the parks. Anything that makes people more likely to pick up their dog's poo is a good thing for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

sioda wrote:
    The free poo bag thing and poo bins was tried a few years ago but went the same way as the gum bins

left them overflowing because CC didn't emptied them?

*cm* wrote:
    so negative.. maybe if they did spend a decent sum on it then maybe it would become an attraction to skaters worldwide as have our waves off the cliffs of moher to big wave pro surfers.. but instead its all about spending the bare amount just to get people to stay quiet for a while.. at the moment it feels like the park is to be built to get rid of these kids.. when it should be to encourage them..

They were intending on spending a decent sum, but the quotes they were receiving were ridiculous!

They could build three skateparks for what they were being quoted for just one!

There's no point in paying a ridiculous sum that would piss everyone off, so they're just waiting for one of the contractors to realise that the council isn't gonna be extorted for once!

Cheers for the pic Sioda.

Agreed I know they've had to wait a long time but at least let the wait of been worth it

Advertisement