Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan NATS Keyfob enq

• 11-07-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi everyone,apart from going to my nissan dealer (which will be expensive I presume), have I any options regarding obtaining a new nissan nats keyfob from any other sources.

The key is ok but the buttons on the keyfob are badly damaged. I have no spare key.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Any NATS keyfob will do, you just need to reprogram it to your car. This can be done from a sequence of turning on and off the ignition and pressing the keyfob buttons. I've done it before on a primera, I'll try and find the instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭blockman

alias no.9 wrote:
    Any NATS keyfob will do, you just need to reprogram it to your car. This can be done from a sequence of turning on and off the ignition and pressing the keyfob buttons. I've done it before on a primera, I'll try and find the instructions.

That would be great. Can you buy the keyfob only at a main nissan dealer?.

I'd imagine if you're buying the keyfob at the dealers, programming should be included. Try pricing it at the dealer they could be cheaper than you might expect, otherwise try one off e-bay for a cheap one. I'll have a look for the instructions tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Do those keyfobs not come apart with a small screw on the back? If so, then just swap over the rubber buttons from any keyfob off eBay or wherever into your own, and then you won't have programming to worry about. That's for the ones I'm thinking of anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭blockman

alias no.9 wrote:
    I'd imagine if you're buying the keyfob at the dealers, programming should be included. Try pricing it at the dealer they could be cheaper than you might expect, otherwise try one off e-bay for a cheap one. I'll have a look for the instructions tomorrow.

I now have have a second-hand keyfob and just wondering if you came across the instructions on how to reprogramme the keyfob. they would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Id greatly appreciate this too.....why did they design those buttons to be so crap? Unlock one is in bits...

See your PM's guys. It might take a couple of gos to get it to work, I think it took me a few anyway.

Nice one man thanks a mill! :)

How much should i be paying for a key?

Haven't got a clue. I was reprogramming mine after a leaving the battery out for too long when replacing it. Watch put a watch on a couple on ebay over the next few days and see what they're going for. That should give you a good idea.

Cool. Seem to be going for around €20-30 on ebay. Thanks for the help again man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement