Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning PC games

Options
  • 11-07-2007 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I bought GTR in game for 7.99, very good game aparantly, anyway when I got home I discovered I already had a copy, bummer, so I go back to exchange it and he won't take it off me as I had opened the sticker on it, this is their rule for pc-games, probably to stop burn and returns, are they allowed do this, what about my statutory rights and all that jazz, anyway he keeps the game but doesn't give me my money back, bit cheeky i think

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shops wont take pc games back (usually) if they are opened, as people buying, copying, exchanging, copying, etc...happened alot. I too was guilt of this a few years back (before i realised i had american cousins). Their returns policy is anything unopened and in the original wrapping afaik.
    MooseJam wrote:
    anyway he keeps the game but doesn't give me my money back, bit cheeky i think
    Well, thats called stealing, so no, he's not allowed to do that (unless he offered credit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I looked it up, aparantly they are within their rights, they only have to exchange faulty goods, It would be good for customer relations if they exchanged for other reasons but as you say there is a lot of burn and return these days so I guess the "as long as the sticker isn't opened" is fair enough. As for him stealing I just left it with him so he didn't really, I might go back tomorrow and see if they have it for sale again, that would be cheeky :)

Advertisement