Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can someone tell me how to cancel o2 contract? I have one month left of my 12 months.

• 11-07-2007 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I would really appreciate it if you could help me cancel my o2 bill. I have been on it since last summer and it is up on the 8'th August and I would like to cancel because it is a pain in the ass to be honest!

How do i do it?

Do I just ring up customer service? Do I need to write a letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

You need to send the request in writing (email, letter or fax) They require 30 days notice so if you send it today you will be liable for rental until 11th Aug, just an extra few days.

You can request that they change you back to prepaid to retain your number. It would be no harm to ring them on 1909 to tell them you are cancelling it so that they have it logged against your number as letters / faxes have a habit of going missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'll just pop them an Email then, that has to count right?

Thanks a lot by the way...

In September, I would like to change over to Meteor Bill or someone different anyway, do I just ask them to put my on to Speakeasy for the time being?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

OP: I mailed them last week and they called me back today. Same situation as yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

And is it all mellow?

Did you give them exactly 30 days or whatever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

cheesedude wrote:
    And is it all mellow?

Did you give them exactly 30 days or whatever?
    30 days is generally pretty standard with all operators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

I had about 3 mts left with O2 when I switched to meteor.

I simply called O2 and asked to be put onto the smallest tarrif.
    I then asked to close the account "No problem" they replied, asked me had I reason - informally, as if they had an interest. I explained reasons.
    I was told when you start a transfer with another provider they issue a request to your current provider for the use of your number and this terminates your contract with them.
    On termination you are liable for the call costs to date and the monthly fee for until the contract was due to expire. (hence changing to the lower tarrif)

I was transfered to meteor within 8 hrs.
    About 2 weeks later I got my final bill from O2 - and it was only about €80 I was quite pleased.
    Very painless - very efficient.
    I would return to O2 in a flash, I just have to convince the wife, and all my mates

Advertisement