Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360s half price

• 11-07-2007 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

dunnes new store on henry street is selling xbox 360s for the next four days for 199.00. no idea if they have many of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 5002rpo

Is dunnes selling these in other shops across the country? you sure its not the core version? even still good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

wow that's a good price .

i'll be around that area all day and as i'm on standby for the day , so i may just pick one up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

These have to be core systems though yeah?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If its half price then its a premium!!
    Everything in their new store including tv's are 50% off on the day of opening. Check out the bargain alerts thread about this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

limited stock?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    limited stock?

i would imagine so!! just to get people in the door!!
    42inch LCD tellys for 600 odd quid aswell!! there is ads in all the papers about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

pxnubi wrote:
    dunnes new store on henry street is selling xbox 360s for the next four days for 199.00. no idea if they have many of them.
    Is it for the next four days, as above? Or is it a opening day special?

When are they opening, if they haven't already?

11am tomarrow...gonna be late for work methinks...(dont tell monkeyfudge)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

So is this for tommorow only or next 4 days?
    Does anyone know closing time of the store as i dont finish work till 5. Can't seem to see store on dunnes website.

BlitzKrieg keep me informed of what stock is there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

This is an opening offer ... They're opening the new Homeware shop in Henry street and say that "Everything is Half Price" (while stocks last).

They're making a big hoo-ha about it everywhere, like the cover of the Metro. It's for the next 4 days (Thurs-Sunday) only and the key words are probably 'while stocks last'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

anybody know if theyare bundles or what?

and they were all gone within the first 10 minutes

F*CK!

the guy in front of me got the last one.

Though sort of confused cause I thought it was limited to 1 item per person at half price...but they seemed to drop that cause i saw people walking away with 3-4 360s under their arms.

*basterds*

lol you'll see them up on adverts now, xbox 360s, brand new, unopened -300E

lol were they jsut the console or bundles?

just the console premium edition.

From play.com

gears of war - 60E
    crackdown - 60E
    PGR 3 - 30E
    COD 3 - 30E
    Play and Charge Kit - 20E
    Which if my maths is right (probably isnt) adds up to 200E

the xtravision offer is just as good value so!

what is the xtravision offer?

I thought it was Premium, GOW, COD3, Crackdown, PGR and the play and charge kit.

thats what the poter in my local one said i thought :S

EDIT: for 400yoyos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

For those of you wondering, there weren't any PS3 or Wiis, just the soon to be second best 360 premium.

Games were GOW and Forza 2.

The TVs appeared to go ever quicker than the 360s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Are Xbox 360 Games/Peripherals half price? Will there be any left if I head in now?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

xanthor wrote:
    For those of you wondering, there weren't any PS3 or Wiis, just the soon to be second best 360 premium.

Games were GOW and Forza 2.

The TVs appeared to go ever quicker than the 360s

Why exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

He could mean because the Elite is on the way, making that the top end 360 model, and Premium second. I hope that's what he means, otherwise I've got a whole bag of roll-eyes waiting ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

koneko wrote:
    He could mean because the Elite is on the way, making that the top end 360 model, and Premium second. I hope that's what he means, otherwise I've got a whole bag of roll-eyes waiting ;)

LOL :D

koneko wrote:
    He could mean because the Elite is on the way, making that the top end 360 model, and Premium secon)

He did. Although there are probably a few eye rolls waiting for me anyway.:)

Fnz wrote:
    Are Xbox 360 Games/Peripherals half price? Will there be any left if I head in now?

Anything in the shop is half price. Only peripheral i saw in the chaos was the Play and Charge kit, there may be others but it was a small selection.

Only two games were GOW and Forza 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Stephen! wrote:
    lol you'll see them up on adverts now, xbox 360s, brand new, unopened -300E

lol were they jsut the console or bundles?

;)

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=27798

Already have one, wanted a laptop but wasn't quick enough, so I'll sell it and then use the money to put towards a laptop.

BTW the lad who said there were people with 3/4 under their arms is talking donkey balls, they were strictly enforcing the 1 per person rule (now there were people who were getting others to buy a second one for them) but there was no one with 3/4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

xanthor wrote:
    He did. Although there are probably a few eye rolls waiting for me anyway.:)

Nope, you're safe :)

Shame they sold out so quickly, I was going to tell some people about this in work but by the time I remembered it was too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

lafors wrote:
    ;)

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=27798

Already have one, wanted a laptop but wasn't quick enough, so I'll sell it and then use the money to put towards a laptop.

BTW the lad who said there were people with 3/4 under their arms is talking donkey balls, they were strictly enforcing the 1 per person rule (now there were people who were getting others to buy a second one for them) but there was no one with 3/4!
    Is that not profiteering and a banning offence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

If it's not, it should be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Are Dunnes going to restock overnight? If this is a 4-day half price event to highlight their store. At this rate, by Saturday the shop will be empty and looking fairly unimpressive.

What with Lucy Kennedy being there and all, I'm sure they wouldn't want that now - would they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

I was planning on selling my 360 next week to pay for some of my holiday. And the second i saw this thread I put mine straight on adverts. Id reckon theres gonna be alot of 360's for sale in the next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement