Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360s half price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

RuggieBear wrote:
    Is that not profiteering and a banning offence?
    Selling a 360 €100 under retail should be a bannable offence now? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

CiaranC wrote:

Are you being serious ruggybear??
    As CiaranC did :rolleyes:

I never knew you could sell new goods for under their retail price and be wrong. I'm happy selling it for a profit and I'm sure someone is happy getting it cheaper than retail off me. I queue'd for it so why not??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Well I'm offering what was "paid" for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

lafors wrote:
    ;)

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=27798

Already have one, wanted a laptop but wasn't quick enough, so I'll sell it and then use the money to put towards a laptop.

BTW the lad who said there were people with 3/4 under their arms is talking donkey balls, they were strictly enforcing the 1 per person rule (now there were people who were getting others to buy a second one for them) but there was no one with 3/4!

the exact same words i used too lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

So would all the 360's be gone at this stage do you reckon?

I might phone ahead and get them to hold me one and pop in this evening. Or would they even do that? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

BTW the lad who said there were people with 3/4 under their arms is talking donkey balls, they were strictly enforcing the 1 per person rule (now there were people who were getting others to buy a second one for them) but there was no one with 3/4!

I know what I saw,

I saw a lad with a stack of 360s going down the escalator, he clearly didnt work there (unless dunnes new uniform is a blue tracksuit) If they enforced the 1 for each person he must have worked around it or something, but he was walking out the door with three of them.

Still here's hoping they have some more still in the back that will be put out tomarrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

koneko wrote:

Shame they sold out so quickly,.

I could've nabbed one easily - feel kinda bad that i was in a position to help someone with a genuine interest in OWNING one rather than selling it on, and didn't end up doing so. Queue was small enough until about 10:15, then it started growing more and more quickly.

I feel worse, I wasnt there to get one for myself but for a friend's 21st, we've been trying to pool our cash together to get him a 360 and when this came along it was the perfect opportunity to get him a new one instead of being forced to go 2nd hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    I know what I saw,

I saw a lad with a stack of 360s going down the escalator, he clearly didnt work there (unless dunnes new uniform is a blue tracksuit) If they enforced the 1 for each person he must have worked around it or something, but he was walking out the door with three of them.

Still here's hoping they have some more still in the back that will be put out tomarrow morning.

Fair enough, I'm not going to argue.
    BTW they said they were going to restock them for them morning, tv's, xbox's, but the guy I asked wasn't sure about the laptops :(

right then going to take another shot at it tomarrow

I will get this fecking present if its the last thing i do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

How much were the laptops? What size TVs did they have and do you know the prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

is this a nationwide offer in all dunnes stores? and what the make and model of the 42 tvs,are the hd ready?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

The offer was only in the new Dunnes in Henry St in Dublin. The tvs were 42" Phillips plasma ones.. Not sure about the make of Laptop as they were gone when I got there. Got a great gamer chair as well that will do me nicely for the X-Box 360 I also picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,008 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I didn't hear about this at all, was vaguely aware they were opening soon. What time does the store open at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

It opened 11 o clock this morning presume it opens at nine as today was big opening

I got there bout 20 past and anything good was gone! Even though i saw people walking around with 2-3 xboxes in their hands (security stamped as well!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

My brother just came home from work with a new 360 from Dunnes. He said he got the last one at about 11.05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

question 1: What time does the shop open
    question 2: How many xbox's do they stock, i dont wanna skip work if i dont get any.

ok stopped in after work today and asked those 2 questions

1. It opens tomarrow at 830am

2. They said they might have might not have stock. They are pulling their stock in from surronding stores...and seeing that the 360 isnt like the wii and has consistent stock, i assume they will get more in.

buuut, if they have gay burn as a guest tomarrow i am going to assume that they will want to refill all the shelves, so if they dont have 360s some fancy electronic device will be there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

damn, thanks alot.
    What floor is the 360 goods on.

8:30 am ! jesus, what time will the queues start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

Where is the closet place to park to it (which side of henry st is it??)

• Advertisement

its smack bang in the middle of henry street (across from arnotts)

-The 360 will be on the third floor (had lots of practice working out the quickest route up)

I live just up the road, but i'll be heading out at around 730 to get in line purely because like I already said this is for a friends 21st and i really dont want to let him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

ill b there bout 8, c ya there blitzkrieg and thanx for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I am planning on going up tomorrow for a 42" TV. What floor are they on and will they get more in? I won't be there until about 10 o'clock. What are my chances on getting one?

I just saw an ad on the tv saying it was for today ONLY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Dman001 wrote:
    I am planning on going up tomorrow for a 42" TV. What floor are they on and will they get more in? I won't be there until about 10 o'clock. What are my chances on getting one?

All electronics are on the top floor (level 3). If store opens at half 8 then i say you will have next to no chance of a TV! There was some guy in there today who was waiting outside since 6 this morning for a TV and he never one!

hmmm seems to have been changed cause originally it was till saturday...

Yeah just checked the official site. The sale was only for today.

So yeah no more half price 360s (unless you have a console and six games to trade in at gamestop)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

CiaranC wrote:

it's profiteering. pure and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Nice one lafors and JM MARCONI, you two are banned now from adverts for blatant profiteering!

And all the evidence is right here for everyone to see too

See you in October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

ROFLs.........double headshot!!!!! :p

• Advertisement

Spankeh wrote:
    Nice one lafors and JM MARCONI, you two are banned now from adverts for blatant profiteering!

And all the evidence is right here for everyone to see too

See you in October

How exactly? I was selling my 6 month old console earlier today. And When my brother came in with the one he got from dunnes i changed my ad to the new one keeping the original asking price so i could sell quicker as it was brand new.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement