Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hard-Fi video premiere tonight

Options
  • 11-07-2007 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Bit of the blurb...

The video for the new Hard-Fi single, 'Suburban Knights' will premiere on Channel 4 at 11.30pm tonight!

'Suburban Knights' is released on download on August 13th, and on CD & 7" on August 17th in Ireland, Aug 20th in UK & N. Ireland.

The hotly-anticipated new Hard-Fi album 'Once Upon A Time In The West' is due out August 31st here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

This is a joke, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

jmc wrote:
    Bit of the blurb...

The video for the new Hard-Fi single, 'Suburban Knights' will premiere on Channel 4 at 11.30pm tonight!

'Suburban Knights' is released on download on August 13th, and on CD & 7" on August 17th in Ireland, Aug 20th in UK & N. Ireland.

The hotly-anticipated new Hard-Fi album 'Once Upon A Time In The West' is due out August 31st here.

Good old Hard-fi. Making their money by siging about the everyday aspects of life that under 35 males have to face, like being anxious over your ATM bank balance and drinking beer on the weekend.

I suspect that 'suburban knights' may be about choosing the right decking in B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Good old Hard-fi. Making their money by siging about the everyday aspects of life that under 35 males have to face, like being anxious over your ATM bank balance and drinking beer on the weekend.

I suspect that 'suburban knights' may be about choosing the right decking in B&Q.
    You're sooo cool!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BaZmO* wrote:

I disagree.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

BaZmO* wrote:

almost as cool as the rolleyes... yawn

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote:
    almost as cool as the rolleyes... yawn
    Yawn me Bollix!! It's getting very tiresome constantly reading threads were people have nothing better to do than point and laugh at other people's musical tastes. If you don't like a band fair enough, but why bother posting on the thread then?

It's even more tiresome having to constantly read innane messages like these as well, i find them boring, hence the yawn.

lordgoat wrote:
    It's even more tiresome having to constantly read innane messages like these as well, i find them boring, hence the yawn.
    And yet you feel the need to post... hmmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

BaZmO* wrote:
    Yawn me Bollix!! It's getting very tiresome constantly reading threads were people have nothing better to do than point and laugh at other people's musical tastes. If you don't like a band fair enough, but why bother posting on the thread then?

Calm your boots there - I was just describing their fomula.

Muddy waters made his money singing songs about how his woman dun left him but I still like his music. NWA made their money singing about their dislike for policemen and life in their neighbourhood and I still listen to them (now and then...). And lets not start about bands who sing almost exclusively about courtship.

Singing songs about everyday people's life experiences is as old as pop music itself. People take comfort in the fact that other people might experience the world in the same way as they do and use these songs as points of reference. If our everyday experiences are being anxious over your ATM bank balance & drinking beer on the weekend then fine, who am I to complain??

Enough amatuer sociology

BaZmO* wrote:
    And yet you feel the need to post... hmmm..

If you go back and read my first post i acknowledged that my post was as pointless as yours. I'm just bored of posts that serve no function, i pointed it out to you and yet you keep replying? Have you that little going on? Or are you a last word freak?

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote:
    Or are you a last word freak?
    It's alright, but I preferred it when Dunphy was doing it.

Advertisement