Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Have A Puncture, Don't Know How To Remove Alloy Wheel.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

what typically happens is that the steel locking nut bytes into the surface of the aluminum wheel...

You'll need a nice long "breaker bar" as others have said the longer the better and a decent socket (preferably an impact one with a tick wall ) the correct size... places like halfords sell an extendable breaker bar and a few sockets fairly cheaply.... you could also pick up one of the X type ones cheap, or go with the braker bar and socket from above...

In my experience most wheel braces that come with cars aren't worth a dam... sure the wheel brace that came with my E46 wouldn't shift a thing, it only has about 6 inches of leverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Ahhh Nuts!!! :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

MercMad wrote:
    See if you can find a steel tube to do over the wheel brace, a piece of scaffold, anything like that.

Good luck !

That did the trick, borrowed a pole from a garage (like a piece of scaffold). Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice one! Thanks for the update

jkn0450l.jpg

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Good to hear you got sorted.

Unkel; hahahahahaha!!!!

Cheers Fey

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How come you still have this car?

baby steps colm, hopefully I won't have it too much longer. Everything is not black & white. I suppose you'd have this whole situation well sorted by now yeah???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Fit big fake Vampire teeth Ted, and kick some ass.

• Advertisement

Fit big fake Vampire teeth Ted, and kick some ass.

If only it was that easy m8 :)

TedKelly wrote:
    baby steps colm, hopefully I won't have it too much longer. Everything is not black & white. I suppose you'd have this whole situation well sorted by now yeah???
    being in the motor trade, I'd probably have an edge! Hopefully it all gets sorted soon.

yeah unfortunatly that's an edge I don't have. No doubt you wouldn't have ended up with the car in the 1st place. At least I'll learn a lesson from the hole thing (even if I do have to learn the hard way)

Nobody thinks it would happen to them I suppose. I treat anything from the UK as suspicious. We've checked the service records on loads of UK BMWs that people have tried to trade in, and a huge number of them have been clocked.

Advertisement