Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ps3 Price Point!!!!!!! [not!!!]

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Very cynical lot aren't you!
    I reckon the new pack is a serious effort to boost sales in the face of stiff competition here from the 360.
    And I can see it working too, given the ill-informed publics obsession with any games machine with "Sony" written on it, any suggestion of added value that the shops can use as a selling ploy will shift units like wildfire, may be Q4 before its seen but I really hope Halo3 is as good as MS hope it is, or the 360 could be sunk.

Nintendo must be laughing their asses off, watching these high tech companies lose even more money by further discounting machines that already cost more to make than to sell, and with a couple of games thrown in, there's even less money to be made from software sales in the 1st place.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If they had lowered the price by €150 or so then I may have been tempted but as it stands the PS3 (even if it is with one decent game, one average game and an extra joypad) remains overpriced.

For €400 you can buy a 360 with three top games (Gears of War, Forza 2 and Crackdown) and an extra-joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I concur. If it was €500 for that pack, I'd probably consider getting it. I don't think it's a bad deal, but there's just not enough exclusive titles to justify paying that much at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

wheres this extra controller you can get with the 360? i thoguht it was a play and charge kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'd been trying to convince my friend to buy a 360 since, but he had point blankly refused saying he was waiting for the PS3 cos its a Playstation and thus bound to me infinitely superior in everyway.
    Yesterday he told me he had bought a 360 because the PS3 is too expensive and has no good games.
    He is your typical PS2 owner, and the sort of people Sony are losing. At €50-100 more expensive they might consider buying a PS3 over a 360, but not at €200+. Even the new package will not change this as you can get a 360 with 3 games for €400 and the PS3 will be €600 with 2.
    He doesn't have Blu-ray, doesn't know anything about it, and doesn't care. In fact, I doubt more than 2 of my friends with PS2s (which is basically them all) know what Blu-ray even is.
    Now obviously this might change in a year or two (I doubt it though, people are happy with DVD), its not going to help the PS3 in the mean time that one of its main selling points is a big meh for most people, and if it is two years, then the race will most likely have already been lost by Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

thats it though, the typical person doesnt have clue what blu ray and doesnt want to know. A hdtv lcd to them is a thin telly that looks nicer than there old tv. I'd say theres more ppl in Ireland who have lcd's with no HD source connected to their tv than ppl who have a HD source connected to one. The next pro evo is coming out on the ps2 and thats all a lot of pp care about. I wonder how many ps3's were sold outside Dublin, not a lot i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

when can we pick these up? where will have this bundle first??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

18th of this month, I was in game yesterday looking at the Ps3 bundles and I asked one of the minions about the package, to which he looked rather uncomfortable and said they don't anything about it as it was only announced, didn't look like they were shifting too many of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

the 18th is wednesday. will it be in the shops then or am i being too optimistic?

Advertisement