Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More clocking - Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi

Options
  • 11-07-2007 7:09pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone on here buy, or know of anyone who bought an Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi, 6 speed, black, '03 D registered car from a south city dealer? The car would have been sold early Feb. and should have around 65k to 70k miles on the clock. It was imported from the UK.

If so, please PM me with the full reg as I have a HPI check you may want to see. I also have the Cartell check which will show both the 03 D reg and the UK reg so you can see the HPI check corresponds to the Irish reg.

I can't give anymore details (garage or full car registration) at the moment as I'm currently pursuing the matter legally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's an Avant, but it's still a long shot. I'd guess at least a couple of dozen would match those criteria. What colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

He said black

So he did! My bad :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

unkel wrote:
    It's an Avant, but it's still a long shot. I'd guess at least a couple of dozen would match those criteria. What colour?

Well I don't expect whoever bought it in the end to automatically read boards.ie, but thought it worth mentioning here. It's a long story but it's a car I didn't buy in the end thankfully, and I have the Cartell and HPI checks. I'm just aware that some other poor punter came after me and bought it. They have a clocked car. :(

Funnily enough, Avants of that spec (TDi 6 speed, it's an SE) are not especially common. Plenty of diesel saloons and 1.6 petrol saloons alright, but Avants of it's age and spec are hard enough to find.

PauloMN wrote:
    I have the Cartell and HPI checks. I'm just aware that some other poor punter came after me and bought it. They have a clocked car. :(

And your thread is well worth it. People have been caught out in the past because of threads in the motoring sector of boards.ie. Hope the new owner comes across this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

If you have the date of registration you might be able to get current owners name off the nct site...... failing that, do you know any cops ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

oleras wrote:
    If you have the date of registration you might be able to get current owners name off the nct site...... failing that, do you know any cops ?
    thats a very good idea.
    i'm sure the hpi or cartell sheets might have that on them.

edit; but does it display info if the cars not due an nct?

ctc_celtic wrote:
    thats a very good idea.
    i'm sure the hpi or cartell sheets might have that on them.

edit; but does it display info if the cars not due an nct?

since its a 2003 model, chances are it has it done already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

oleras wrote:
    since its a 2003 model, chances are it has it done already.

UK import, only imported in Jan. It hasn't been NCT'd yet. I doubt the NCT website would give the owner's name, would it?

PauloMN wrote:
    UK import, only imported in Jan. It hasn't been NCT'd yet. I doubt the NCT website would give the owner's name, would it?

Only one way to find out, go to the booking screen, stick in the req and the date of registration, see what happens !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement