Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance

Options
  • 11-07-2007 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

at the moment i drive a 1.3 97 daihatsu charade, have 1 yr no claims an just got my full licence. i'm insured with quinn and have been looking for a new car(2nd hand) cos i can afford to basically, and i dont reallyh like the charade.

it seems that any car i look at no matter what the engine size or type works out at least 10-15% cheaper(insurance wise) than the current car, even 2l td's which i find is very strange?!

is there something particular bout the charade that increases insurance or am i missing something else:confused:

(100 post to :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Alot of companies are charging a loading of 10% for cars, that are 10yrs or older, hence yer 97 being a bit more expensive. They are easier to steal and seen as not as well built.

Also, more of the mainstream brands Toyota, VW etc get a Manufacture's discount. I doubt yer Dhiatsiu(can't even spell the friggin' thing!!) is gettin that discount Vs. the qoutes yer gettin on newer, better known cars.

Advertisement