Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original Xbox: playing it in North America

• 11-07-2007 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I have Xbox and i'm moving over to Canada shortly. I want to bring my machine with me, since i have about 30 games with it and play it constantly, but i was wondering, do i just need to get a voltage adapter or more? I know i probably won't be able to play NTSC games but i don't mind. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

About two years ago I was going on a J1. Decided to bring my modified xbox to Chicago with me. Stuck a 300gig hard drive in it and loaded it up with films, music, mario kart etc

The xbox's internal power supply will only work from about 220v - 240v. I bought an internal power supply to relpace my current one. I got it from Llamma it came with switch at the back which allowed me to select 110V input or the 230 for when i came home. But you can get and external transformer. From memory, I think the xboxes are about 200W.

Because I had a modified xbox I was able to force the output to NTSC. You would be surprised how hard it is to find TV's supporting PAL over there. I assumed it would be easy due to the fact that modern TV's here will play both NTSC and PAL . For some reason its not (maybe this has change?) I actually looked around Best Buy for a tv supporting pal and found one out of maybe 20 tv's

I would really think about modding it. You will be able to play NTSC and PAL games then. You will be able to force the xboxes output to NTSC aswell.

Those were my experiences, how it helps you out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Ok, sounds good...maybe i should just buy a modded machine from these ilama guys when im in Canada and just bring the games with me?

Advertisement