Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car stereo compatibility.

Options
  • 11-07-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi.
    I recently bought a zen version M 60G. and its perfect ive all the music i'll ever want on it. :)
    However ive one slight problem i want to use it with my car radio.
    I've tried an FM transmitter and its completly useless the sound is terrible and the signal comes and goes as i drive. :mad:
    I was thinking of gettin a new car stereo with a USB port and plugging the zen in directly into it, however im not sure if this will work as they are designed for memory sticks not a Zen. Does anyone know if this will work or a better way than an FM transmitter to make my zen compatibale with my car stereo.
    I know there are ipod ready car stereos but i dont want to resort to gettin an ipod cause, well, i hate ipods. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Babybass

Great!! I have the exact same problem!! Hope someone can answer this for you as it will save me a lot of searching!! Don't want to resort to an ipod either (stupid name!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think a lot of the USB compatible Car Stereos also have a headphone jack beside the USB port so that you can get a lead like the one below and connect your MP3 player straight from the headphone jack to the Car Stereo.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/L44au.jpg

Edit:- The image is quite big so take note if you're on a dial up connection.

The cable you'd be looking for is a 3.5mm by 3.5mm headphone jack lead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ian-101-

yeah that could work, but id have to use the MP3 player to control the music there'd be no way to control it from the stereo itself. but i suppose thats only a minor inconvenience. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I doubt you'll find any car stereo that can control a Zen.
    there may be some that can control IPods via the cd-changer controls but tbh your best bet is to get one with a input jack and just plug the Zen in using a standard cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

If the signal comes and goes, make sure the transmitter is well plugged into the cigarette lighter. I find it sometimes comes loose during driving. Then I just twist it a little in the socket. My problem is that for some reason the Zen's battery isn't recharged while plugged into the lighter. I think the transmitter may be faulty.

Advertisement