Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second level student banking

Options
  • 11-07-2007 9:00pm

hey guys im 16 and want to set up a student bank account can anyone tell me of the best bank to choose?? i have been on the different banks sites but i want to find out with the people think of the service. is it possible to get a debit card for online shopping etc?? thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

AIB are ok, they came to our school promoting their accounts etc...you can get an ATM card yes, not too sure about the laser mind. You need a parents signiture to get the ATM card, my parents wouldnt sign it for me :(:( lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Doug1234

It really depends on what you want to use the account for. If you want to just use it to have easy access to cash then either AIB or Bank of Ireland, however perhaps Rabobank may be a good option if you use the internet frequently and just want to deal with the funds electronically. If you're having problems with getting a debit card you may like to take a look at V3 (which is a top-up card backed by TSB specifically for online shopping) however this card attacts quite heavy charges if you're talking about small amounts of cash. If you shop on Ebay, then it doesn't really matter because you can pass all your funds through paypal wherever you open your account.

Advertisement