Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People begging at ATMs

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Le Rack wrote:
    yeah if it happened again I'd bloody knock em, was just so shocked, when it did happen

ya should've reported it straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What are ya gonna do? Sue them?
    I'm telling you if there were more Patrick Bateman's in this world there would be no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Why aren't the guards using the CCTV footage from the ATMs to prosecute these people ! Or are people not reporting the incidents ?

Do ATM machines actually have CCTV cameras on them ? Or are you referring to CCTV cameras on bank buildings themselves ? As I haven't seen any ATMs with internal CCTV cameras.

Galvasean wrote:
    What are ya gonna do? Sue them?
    I'm telling you if there were more Patrick Bateman's in this world there would be no problem!

There's loads of us..if it wasnt for the bloody law!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 JABH

Oi Iz a beggar an oi downt loike da way you'z are tawkin bout me and me budz. Oi juz wont a bita munney far a drink n smowke. So go n shoite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

fletch wrote:
    Yeh when they ask me if I've got any change, I always reply "Sorry I've only got notes"
    I usually say to them yes i do and do you accept mastercard. They dont like this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Le Rack wrote:
    This happened me yesterday! Or tuesday...but it happened! Little 8yr old sh!itheads, was at the ATM outside the back of M&S in the Gervis Centre, my friend had just used the ATM, and I was withdrawing money, just as I had put in my pin and pressed cash withdrawl, these 2 little scumbuckets came up, one on either side, waving carphone warehouse brochoures in my face, myself, my friend and the couple behind us kept telling them to get lost andpushing them off but they continued, suddenly €200 pops out of the machine me looking at it thinking WTF, I notice the little sack waiting over my left shoulder watching the money slot, and attempting to gab it before I do, so I got it, stuffed it in my wallet, and we walked, only after did my mate realise that I hadn't even pressed for money and all that came out.

Whatever about begging on the street but that is ridiculous!

The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine on Grafton St. recently, but they got away with it. The guards couldn't help him either. He didn't even see the guy pushing the button for €200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You see lads, there is a bit of a problem with your comments here.

Money does not come out of those machines until you have withdrawn your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

heyjude wrote:
    Do ATM machines actually have CCTV cameras on them ? Or are you referring to CCTV cameras on bank buildings themselves ? As I haven't seen any ATMs with internal CCTV cameras.
    Lots of atm's have cameras. lots i say, you won't see them though, they are often hidden in clever ways:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Ooh good point! Well maybe they remove the card too. I have seen a few machines where you put your card in and out first before doing anything. Most of them arent like this though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

heyjude wrote:

I could be wrong but I was under the impression they did !

Must stop watching CSI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

judas101 wrote:
    yet another psuedo racist thread starting. excellent.

better join in.

damn those rotten gypsies!

Oh shut up. She didn't say anything about it being because they're gypsies. She's complaining about people begging at ATMS, which is very annoying, she even specified Irish beggars too. If you want to draw some connection between Roma and begging thats your business but don't project it onto someone else.

I'm so sick of people having to hold their tongue about someone who is doing bad things just because that person happens to be of an ethnic minority. I don't care if you're Roma, Irish, Polish or British, whatever, you do something that pisses me off like begging at an ATM and I'll call you on it.

Stupid pseudo-liberalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Zillah wrote:
    Oh shut up. She didn't say anything about it being because they're gypsies. She's complaining about people begging at ATMS, which is very annoying, she even specified Irish beggars too. If you want to draw some connection between Roma and begging thats your business but don't project it onto someone else.

I'm so sick of people having to hold their tongue about someone who is doing bad things just because that person happens to be of an ethnic minority. I don't care if you're Roma, Irish, Polish or British, whatever, you do something that pisses me off like begging at an ATM and I'll call you on it.

Stupid pseudo-liberalism.

Absolutely spot on. People are extremely quick to call anything racist these days and it's getting a bit silly. Just because the person is complaining about an incident that involves some ethnic minority in this country doesn't automatically make them racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

themole wrote:
    Lots of atm's have cameras. lots i say, you won't see them though, they are often hidden in clever ways:D

nah if you can't see one then there is no cam, they are put on open display to dissuade people from doing bold things, they don't want to have to catch people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

Demonique wrote:
    Sorry, but that should be banned. I'm sick of going to use an ATM and finding some Roma gypsy woman or homeless Irish guy trying to guilt people into parting with their cash.
    I threatened an underage Roma girl with calling the police if she didn't move on from the ATMs outside AIB on Grafton Street, she left calling me 'f**king bitch'. I responded by telling her to get a job, she's getting money from the government and has no business begging.

One Irish guy actually came inside one of the banks on O'Connell Street (it was Saturday, main area of bank was closed, but the inside ATM area was open) to scrounge cash of the people using the ATMs.
    I wasted no time in calling the police to get him out, whereas begging on the street may be legal, I'm pretty sure that begging inside a public building is not

If you have the money take out a fifty and burn it before their eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Neo# wrote:
    I have seen a few machines where you put your card in and out first before doing anything. Most of them arent like this though.
    There arent many of them left probably due to this very security reason. You do see them inside shops a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

They're not begging.... they are waiting to ambush unsuspecting punters
    by rushing them as they key in their PIN, wave a magazine in their face,
    press the "Withdraw €200" option and quickly abscond with aforementioned
    unsuspecting punters cash..

Must be true, not only did I read it on boards.ie but some of those horrid
    Roma beggars were in court recently for carrying out these crimes.

:)

i work in a bank in dundalk and a group of romanians did this!!!they always come in and try and change like 1 pund sterling and they just walk to the top of the queue and everyone goes mental like!!some cheek!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

heh , if ANYBODY , tried to do thid to me at an ATM , I would literally beat the livin **** outa them , i wouldnt care if it was a man or a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

biko wrote:
    If that waving brochures and trying to rob 200 ever happens to me I'm most likely to deal out a quick punch to the nose. Actually I kinda hope it does happen...
    Punch an 8 year old to the nose...?

Dare I live out every mans dream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

themole wrote:
    This all depends on where they are from. A lot, though not all, Roma in Ireland would be from Romania.

Just to give you a small factoid. Roma != Romanian. The only thing they have in common is the first four letters of the word. Roma people are alleged to have come from regions of the Indian subcontinent.

Of course still amazes me that people try to put a nationality to them. It is like saying someone is Irish because they were born in England, Living in France and great great grandparents are Irish.

If you were to go by CSO stats I would say (if they are even forigeners) that they would be more likely to have come from Poland.
    If they are from any EU country they cannot claim asylum.

As far as I know that is not true. Anyone has the right to claim asylum in any other country.

As for the OP. What they should really start setting up is kind of walls around the ATM. So only one person can go up to it. Or putting a guard on telling them to fuk off away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

MooseJam wrote:
    nah if you can't see one then there is no cam, they are put on open display to dissuade people from doing bold things, they don't want to have to catch people

I was at CeBit some years back and they had an ATM section. Your average ATM has about 3-4 cameras in it. They can clearly see your face at least. Now if the Irish banks have them enabled is another story.

Hobbes wrote:
    Just to give you a small factoid. Roma != Romanian. The only thing they have in common is the first four letters of the word. Roma people are alleged to have come from regions of the Indian subcontinent.

I think that's been pretty well established on more than one thread at this point, maybe we should have a sticky to reinforce the point !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Degsy wrote:
    ya should've reported it straight away

the cops won't so anything about it cuz they're kids. that's why the parents get em to do it, they know full well they can get away with it

Le Rack wrote:
    the cops won't so anything about it cuz they're kids. that's why the parents get em to do it, they know full well they can get away with it

Not true,they're prosecuting these "people" all the time.You should've reported it,if enough reports are filed,the cops can increase patrols and hopefully catch more of the perpetrators.

serious? Far as I had known the cops can't touch young offenders, and even if they do get a criminal record of sorts, but when they turn 18 it's wiped clean

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Hobbes wrote:
    I was at CeBit some years back and they had an ATM section. Your average ATM has about 3-4 cameras in it. They can clearly see your face at least. Now if the Irish banks have them enabled is another story.
    They do.... or at least did when I used to service (BOI) them 14 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

"Our starting point is not the individual: We do not subscribe to the view that one should feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, or clothe the naked...Our objectives are different: We must have a healthy people in order to prevail in the world." —Joseph Goebbels, 1938.

The attitudes displayed by some in this thread leave me at a loss for words.

Mena wrote:
    "Our starting point is not the individual: We do not subscribe to the view that one should feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, or clothe the naked...Our objectives are different: We must have a healthy people in order to prevail in the world." —Joseph Goebbels, 1938.

thieves aren't healthy, mentaly, and you'd be bloody angry if you were mugged or nearly mugged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Mena wrote:

That seems absurd to me - quoting joseph goebbels in a thread about romanian beggars - bit extreme dont you think ? You dont see ANY kind of middle ground before boards.ie users get to that stage ? Or should everyone just keep smiling and putting up with it in case they suddelny turn into joseph goebbels ?

Mena wrote:

Did you actually read the entire thread ? Or did you just decide to jump in with the Nazi quotes ! (With the obvious implication) If you are one of those moral giants who can't wait to be offended you will be spending a lot of time here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm offended that nazis are freely quoting Joseh Goebbels in this thread.Go to stormfront where you might be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Le Rack wrote:
    thieves aren't healthy, mentaly

I'm sorry...? People who steal are mentally unbalanced? You clearly live in some strange universe that is much like our own but warped in unusual ways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I just wasted an hour of my life reading this thread. It looks like any other based on the original topic, Romas and begging etc. There was one or two, (at most) intelligent responses which were ignored and not carried.

Tis amazing to me to see every thread that is started based on minorities or even a narrow perception, inspires such a large amount of replies which are narrow and tabloid like. Much like the OP of such posts.

I'm not saying peoples' opinions are wrong just that they are mostly their own in my opinion. It does interest me that most posts and opinions on such threads start as they mean to go on and as such are based on narrow views which is why I feel that I won't research where Roma, Romanian, Asylum seekers, Beggers, homeless folks come from and form a view and put it up because it would be a waste of time.

Much like this thread which has been done over and over again (yawn).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'm not saying peoples' opinions are wrong just that they are mostly their own in my opinion.
    Sorry you lost me with the above statement, care to clarify why people
    are not entitled to their own opinions? Would you rather they had your
    opinion or you were able to force your thoughts or views on them?

How can you deny the cases of Roma thieves before the Irish courts?
    Maybe if boards members are aware of the type of scams that Romas
    are partaking in it might prevent them or their families from getting
    ripped off and becoming victims.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhkfgbidmhkf/rss2/
    A 15-year-old boy, who took part in a spate of slick ATM scams where people had €200 stolen from under their noses, has been remanded on continuing bail pending sentence.

Judge Hugh O’Donnell heard at the Dublin Children’s Court today that the boy had also been charged with another similar theft of €200 from a man at an ATM on Dublin’s O’Connell Street, on June 7 last.

The Romanian teen has already pleaded guilty to the theft of €200 from a woman at an ATM on Grafton Street, on March 11 last, theft of €200 from a boy at an Ulster Bank ATM at College Green, Dublin, on March 9 last.

He has also admitted another charge for stealing €200 from a woman at an ATM on Suffolk Street, on March 4 and attempted theft from another woman at an ATM on the same street on March 8 last. None of the stolen money had been recovered.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/index.aspx?c=ireland&jp=mhkfeyqlkfey
    A 14-year-old girl, who is facing 12 charges over an alleged bank machine scam, has been remanded on continuing bail pending directions from the Director of Public Prosecutions.

It is alleged that she netted more than €2,000 from the thefts.

The Romanian girl, who is residing in west Dublin, arrived in Ireland in February and has since been the subject of a number of arrests for stealing money, €200 in all instances, from people at ATMs.

Earlier she had been charged at the Dublin Children’s Court with 12 counts of theft of €200 from people at ATMs in Dublin city centre.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0930/atm.html
    Four people aged in their 20s have been brought before Naas District Court on charges relating to ATM cash machine fraud.
    The four, two Romanian men and two women, one a Romanian national and one Belarussian, were arrested yesterday in an apartment in Bray in Co Wicklow.
    All four, Razvan Schiopu, Sorin Condrache, Tatsiana Pavlyshko and Daniela Ciocan, were charged with possession of an article made or adapted for use in the course of theft. They are also charged with immigration offences.
    Advertisement

The Co Kildare court heard €20,000 in cash had been found at the apartment. All four were remanded in custody for a week.

I believe his complaint is that people's posts on here don't have footnotes linking to evidence supporting their statements.

This is a forum where people talk a lot of crap, there are boundaries on this but for the most part if people want to warble on and offer nothing more than their own opinion they are more than welcome to do so.

If you want serious discussion, this isn't the place to look for it. Complaining because people aren't being serious here misses the whole point of this forum really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Tis amazing to me to see every thread that is started based on minorities or even a narrow perception, inspires such a large amount of replies which are narrow and tabloid like.

Yeah you're right.......who's up for starting a thread on blick jew people?

Maybe you'd be more suited in places like paranormal where they talk about serious stuff!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Punch an 8 year old to the nose...?

Dare I live out every mans dream?

I'm pretty sure they'd get a kick in their baby nuts/fanny from me as well!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

lol @ giving them photocopied notes, dont even use a scissors to cut them out, rip the page very crudely around the edge of the 'note', and have the back as a clear page. Rofl. Then give them some photocopied coins too. The copier in work will be busy 2moro.

It is easy to go to the trouble of singling out cases based on an individuals point of view and throw them up. Like I said it depends on the research that an individual does and what an individual wishes to put up. It would be easy to trawl through cases, put them up and maybe 'attempt' to impose a view and opinion based on previously mentioned tabloid points.

I see that you are rather passionate about the Romainian crimes in the courts, a bit of an impostion of opinion there maybe? I don't believe I tried to force my points of view as strongly as this? Would that suggest a bit of hypocrisy and indeed a cojoling of general opinion?

That by the way is a question, I expect you will back up your opressed opinion which you felt so strongly about, with something more substantial in the general sense.

Edit: This is a reply to 'General Hermano'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It is easy to go to the trouble of singling out cases based on an individuals point of view and throw them up. Like I said it depends on the research that an individual does and what an individual wishes to put up. It would be easy to trawl through cases, put them up and maybe 'attempt' to impose a view and opinion based on previously mentioned tabloid points.

I am not attempting to impose my views on anybody, it was yourself that
    seemed to object to people having "their own opinions" to paraphrase
    your earlier post. As I mentioned in my own earlier post all I am doing
    is ensuring that fellow Boards members are alert to the potential and
    increasingly common risk of these beggars and thieves whilst at an
    ATM. Maybe if an elderly relative of yours was distracted mid-transaction
    at an ATM and had €200 stolen by a Roma you might feel differently.
    I see that you are rather passionate about the Romainian crimes in the courts, a bit of an impostion of opinion there maybe?

The only thing I am 'passionate' about is how people throw the racist card
    at people who object to Roma beggars when the facts clearly demonstrate
    that Roma gypsies are actively engaged in crime. I'm sick of do-gooders
    and the lefty-liberal brigade slurring anyone who is sick of the Roma
    scourge on our streets as racists.
    previously mentioned tabloid points
    My sources are RTE, the Irish Examiner and Breakingnews.ie - hardly what
    I would consider the red-top rags but I am interested in what you consider
    as worthy alternative news sources ;)

• Advertisement

nesf wrote:
    I believe his complaint is that people's posts on here don't have footnotes linking to evidence supporting their statements.

This is a forum where people talk a lot of crap, there are boundaries on this but for the most part if people want to warble on and offer nothing more than their own opinion they are more than welcome to do so.

If you want serious discussion, this isn't the place to look for it. Complaining because people aren't being serious here misses the whole point of this forum really.
    So this issue is a load of crap based on people warbling on with rubbish answers with no back up. And there is no room for any serious discussion. On top of that this 'forum has no room for serious discussion...? Maybe theres a forum for jokes and funny stuff? Maybe this thread should have been moved there?
    I feel I am welcome to offer my opinion too thanks ,and I appreciate how it is taken as do others.

So this issue is a load of crap based on people warbling on with rubbish answers with no back up. And there is no room for any serious discussion. On top of that this 'forum has no room for serious discussion...? Maybe theres a forum for jokes and funny stuff? Maybe this thread should have been moved there?
    I feel I am welcome to offer my opinion too thanks ,and I appreciate how it is taken as do others.

I didn't say this forum has no room for serious discussion, I said that this isn't the place to look for it, i.e. expect it. This forum doesn't require serious discussion. People are not required to respond in serious manner to topics, versus other forums where you are expected to do so. I also didn't say this issue was a load of crap, I said that people talk a lot of crap on this forum which I don't think anyone is going to disagree with. I didn't say it was all crap.

You're seeing what you want to see in my posts mate not what's actually there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

boards.ie > Rec > After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Other people may walk by with their toff noses in the air, but to make sure the beggar or homeless person is alive I always lash a boot in. So I can sleep at night with a clear conscience. Bug, rug &c.

I am not attempting to impose my views on anybody, it was yourself that
    seemed to object to people having "their own opinions" to paraphrase
    your earlier post. As I mentioned in my own earlier post all I am doing
    is ensuring that fellow Boards members are alert to the potential and
    increasingly common risk of these beggars and thieves whilst at an
    ATM. Maybe if an elderly relative of yours was distracted mid-transaction
    at an ATM and had €200 stolen by a Roma you might feel differently.

The only thing I am 'passionate' about is how people throw the racist card
    at people who object to Roma beggars when the facts clearly demonstrate
    that Roma gypsies are actively engaged in crime. I'm sick of do-gooders
    and the lefty-liberal brigade slurring anyone who is sick of the Roma
    scourge on our streets as racists.

My sources are RTE, the Irish Examiner and Breakingnews.ie - hardly what
    I would consider the red-top rags but I am interested in what you consider
    as worthy alternative news sources ;)
    What bugs me about this is that it is all being put across with a singular view. I do not doubt that they are a problem and a problem that should be dealt with, but a lot of views on this thread are very finite and ltd.

No one seems to have bothered with thinking: Ok these gypsies are a problem and someone should look into what the hell is making them run amok and cause so much upset. The security and law enforcement in Ireland is ****e and most social problems are left to the public to deal with. You have to admit as a human being that it is ridiculous to generalise this problem and suddenly state that they are all thieves and criminals, I'm sure that some of them aren't. I can't do something about it you can't, they certainly can't, it seems to be in their culture to adapt to a point and ridiculously continue criminal activities which they are used to (the extreme ones at least).

The travellers in Ireland were much the same for many years, to me, growing up, banned from every shop but still blatently criminal because it was all they knew. Look at the bloody kids on the streets (romanian) it's all they know. Much like the traveller kids they have grown up with a particular style of life, they don't know any other life. that is why they seem so blatent.

So by being informed, a little understanding and trying to get them to integrate is so wrong? The travellers today are less heard of now and more integrated, and indeed are not perceived as perpetual criminals. As for stupid statements like 'being to liberal', yeah there are people who are over liberal because they are just as thick as those who are limited in their views, both as bad as each other really.

Anyway if you don't agree with finding a solution and continue to post up only problems and bad news then at the end of the day that is one view which appears to only lead to one solution, deportation of all Romas and criminals or maybe as one poster suggested:

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/article.php?lang=en&ModuleId=10005219

Now that's extreme but stupid generalised opinions only add to things that lead to this kind of action .I challenge you to find some positive stories about Romas and so on and put them up everyone, not as easy or dramatic as the negative aspect I suspect.

Besides all that, they do have small kids and those kids deserve a chance regardless of the parents, who could deny that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

there was this horrible irish old bird begging at the atm beside grand central in abbey street today, she was locked and pulling the ankle of some victim as i was walking by. first time i saw her there. actually abbey street is a nightmare now for beggers. i was waiting on the bus and 2 people asked me for smokes and 1 asked for change, all within the space of 5 mins

Did the auld one have short dark hair and a striped (I think) top? When I was going to the same ATM as admiralofthefleet I saw a woman sitting on a doorstep in the alleyway at the side Grand Central drinking coffee. As I passed her she asked 'change for the homeless?'. I ignored her and went to the ATM, while I was using the ATM she appeared from out of the alley and stood beside me and asked for change. I told her 'do you mind not begging at the ATM?' She said 'sorry love' and I left the ATM. Then as I was walking past the second door of Grand Central she started shouting 'Would I lie to God? I AM homeless'. I told her to f**k off and told her that you don't have to pay to get into a homeless hostel and that the money is going into her arms.
    On my way back to the Abbey Street Luas from McDonalds I saw she was still at the ATM. I called 11811 and asked to be put through to the guards. I told the guards that there was a drunk junkie harassing people and swearing at the AIB ATM at the Abbey Street Luas. The man I was talking to immediately knew who I was talking about. I heard him put a call out to another guard to go to the ATM.
    I looked up and saw that the next Luas to Connelly was due in 4 minutes. Whilst I was waiting your wan starting roaring and shouting and swearing at a group of young woman she'd approached outside Grand Central. Then she picked up a yellow hard hat left by one of the Dublin corporation guys who had been in a truck cleaning the street, hit it off the wall of Grand Central a couple of times and then put it on her head.
    Then two guards showed up and she started pulling the interior of the hat out. I didn't see if she was arrested for disturbing the peace because the Luas arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Besides all that, they do have small kids and those kids deserve a chance regardless of the parents, who could deny that.

Yes, and the best way of giving them a chance is to take them away from their parents if the parents are involved in criminal activities.

All Roma in Ireland should be forced to send their children to school if the children are of school-going age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Demonique wrote:
    Yes, and the best way of giving them a chance is to take them away from their parents if the parents are involved in criminal activities.

All Roma in Ireland should be forced to send their children to school if the children are of school-going age.
    No. You're entitled to educate your own kids and once you've paid your debt to society that's done, seperate iissue. But, the chisselers must be up to scratch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

lol @ giving them photocopied notes, dont even use a scissors to cut them out, rip the page very crudely around the edge of the 'note', and have the back as a clear page. Rofl. Then give them some photocopied coins too. The copier in work will be busy 2moro.
    As far as I know, most photocopiers / printers are set up in a way that they can't copy or print legal tender. Something about the design of the notes trips a switch and you just get a blank page, at best. Some scanners too. Of course that might just be for USD, but I wouldn't bet on it.

In any case, its an offence to copy and try to pass off copies as legal tender whole notes. You can show partial notes in advertisements, or grossly outsized ones, but photocopying and trying to give fake notes to beggars will qualify you as a counterfeiter.

Its not nice to mess with the mint.

• Advertisement

As far as I know, most photocopiers / printers are set up in a way that they can't copy or print legal tender. Something about the design of the notes trips a switch and you just get a blank page, at best. Some scanners too. Of course that might just be for USD, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Its not nice to mess with the mint.

Never heard of a scanner "tripping out", but I do know that the colours used in the notes make it impossible to reproduce correctly.

Advertisement