Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Dragon demo out now

• 11-07-2007 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

As above people just downloading it now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Holy Crap!! Must download, but that would involve getting out if bed and plugging the 360 in... screw it, it's BLUE DRAGON!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Impressions:
    Extremeley lenghty demo - 2 dungeons / hours of gameplay in there. However, I only played 15 minutes, because it doesnt really work as a demo. It is very, very stat heavy, with little tutorial assistance. The battles are extremely complex, and quite tricky without the necessary assistance. I think itll be more effective playing the game from the start, rather than being dropped straight in the middle like you are here.
    That said, the graphics are excellent, and there is not attempt to dumb the game down to reach a wider audience. Persoanlly, judging both solely by the demos, I might prefer the real time / turn based combo of Eternal Sonata's combat, but Id say Blue Dragons will be more rewarding in the long term. Truly a proper Final Fantasy sequel ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Impressions:
    Extremeley lenghty demo - 2 dungeons / hours of gameplay in there. However, I only played 15 minutes, because it doesnt really work as a demo. It is very, very stat heavy, with little tutorial assistance. The battles are extremely complex, and quite tricky without the necessary assistance. I think itll be more effective playing the game from the start, rather than being dropped straight in the middle like you are here.
    That said, the graphics are excellent, and there is not attempt to dumb the game down to reach a wider audience. Persoanlly, judging both solely by the demos, I might prefer the real time / turn based combo of Eternal Sonata's combat, but Id say Blue Dragons will be more rewarding in the long term. Truly a proper Final Fantasy sequel ;)

Wahaay!
    Looking forward to this even more now.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Impressions:

I'm excited. Might even have to get a wireless adapter just for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I played it yesterday,i thought it was fun and the graphics were amazing.
    It didnt really play well as a demo,it will be better if you play it from the start.

• Advertisement

Ok, I didnt have a clue what was going on. The demo probably would've been better if it began at the start of the game.

But I did enjoy it, however that boss fight music really got on my nerves, just being on a continuous loop!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ok, I didnt have a clue what was going on. The demo probably would've been better if it began at the start of the game.

But I did enjoy it, however that boss fight music really got on my nerves, just being on a continuous loop!

This is definitely my complaint about the demo. I just won fights by staring on as shadow dragons which seemed to appear randomly counter attacked enemies. I didnt have a clue what was going on with that bar that kept on popping up every time I attacked / cast a spell - some kind of targeting thing I assume. It just made me want to play the full game more though, so I can understand what the hell it is all about. :p

Yeah it's gonna be an immense game, no doubt. But to be honest I was alot more impressed by Eternal Sonata.

Yeah it's gonna be an immense game, no doubt. But to be honest I was alot more impressed by Eternal Sonata.

Yeah the combat was more accessiable and the graphics were extremely purty.
    Especially that flower field in the town.

Yeah the combat was more accessiable and the graphics were extremely purty.
    Especially that flower field in the town.
    God yes! Eternal Sonata is quite possibly the best looking game I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

God yes! Eternal Sonata is quite possibly the best looking game I've ever seen.
    Is there a demo up for eternal sonata aswell???
    Was thinking of downloading the blue dragon demo but seeing as it was 1.1 gb turned it down because of my slow broadband connection:o :o

Is there a demo up for eternal sonata aswell???
    Was thinking of downloading the blue dragon demo but seeing as it was 1.1 gb turned it down because of my slow broadband connection:o :o
    The Eternal Sonata demo is on the Japanese market. It's all in english though, it's also called Trusty Bell in case you have trouble finding it.

Advertisement