Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Correcting.

Options
  • 11-07-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey out of curiosity does anybody know anyone correcting papers this year? If so what are they like? I'm just curious to be honest since where I'll end up next year is an uncertainty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Everyone knows that LC correctors are a part of secret society whom noone knows about and who are locked in an underground cavern until correcting time.

I know it's difficult, but try not to think about it. You'll basically torture yourself 'til the middle of August. Try just to focus on the fact you finished the LC, and try to forget that the results are due until a week or two before.

August is officially silly season, by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

What do you want to know about the correcting process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

i know one of the examiner supervisors whatever there called (the one that correct the papers already corrected by examiners). She said overall irish grades were higher than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Does anyone else here sometimes forget that they have LC results to get in August? I swear to God, I'm nearly gonna end up booking tickets to another Belgian music festival, but then I remember. Or else its only when someone else asks me how it went. I barely remember doing it, or that results are still to come. Nobody in this position are there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

It's kind of a good thing that the weather is so bad this summer in regards to correcting, the examiners have nice dull weather to correct in, rather than sitting in while the sun beams down.

Whatshername, that's unlikely seeing as they're only being corrected now & are corrected on the curve. Don't listen to comments like that as they are mostly speculative. I meant I could offer advice on the system. Won't say my position but in the past have been highly involved. Can explain how the system works if that would help or just reassure you that it is unbelievably professional and you have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

What do you want to know about the correcting process?

Just how the correcting is going so far, ie: are people mainly doing good/bad, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

What's with the people who are replying in every thread telling other not to think about the LC? What are those people doing here in the first place?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

I just wrote "A1" on the front of all my answerbooks. Hopefully, the corrector will just think, "Oh, I already did that one." and put it aside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

^Bad move, you will probably piss the examiner off, thus reducing the potential of getting an A1.
    Did you read the candidate information book at all:confused:

Naikon wrote:
    ^Bad move, you will probably piss the examiner off, thus reducing the potential of getting an A1.

They mention that in that book! They are thorough arent they. Anyways, I'm sure the correctors are right now sacrificing a goat and spilling its blood upon the (plastic covered, cmon they arent stupid:D ) papers hoping for a good marking season.

Correcting going well thus far, most correctors have over 60% done thus far, results will not be clear until they have been tallied from each examiner. Does that help?

Will the marking schemes be revised at any stage now?
    I guess not if 60% are corected.

They mention that in that book! They are thorough arent they. Anyways, I'm sure the correctors are right now sacrificing a goat and spilling its blood upon the (plastic covered, cmon they arent stupid:D ) papers hoping for a good marking season.

I LOL'ed.

Well tbh youd want to be crazyto spend a large portion of time correcting papers. Although teachers do get alot of free time

Why would the marking schemes be revised? I just don't understand the question, sorry!

Why would the marking schemes be revised? I just don't understand the question, sorry!

For the bellcurve. The bellcurve is FOR THE GREATER GOOD!THE GREATER GOOD!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Naikon wrote:

You actually think he really did that?

For the bellcurve. The bellcurve is FOR THE GREATER GOOD!THE GREATER GOOD!;)

Ok then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

'm nearly gonna end up booking tickets to another Belgian music festival

I'm actually going to this. Going to miss my results but I don't really care about that... they'll still be there when I come back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

can't you get them over the phone no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I can, but I don't want anyone else knowing my results before I do. I know all my teachers and principal will be I mean family wise. Also finding out my results could put a dampener on the holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I'm dying to know how the french and economics correcting is going ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i just want cao results to come out...
    come on, kill me now, why prolong the agony??

Just relax, we all had to go through the wait. Just keep in mind they're done fairly & if they were rushed they wouldn't be done as well. Enjoy your Summer!

im trying to enjoy the summer.... it would be nicer if u could inform the sun that its july and that he could come out and enjoy the summer with us...

Sorry but it's sunny in the West so I'm happy out, prayer might do it?!

ah iv the crowd above worn out wiv the amount of praying i did in the run up to and during june so il leave them to relax now for a bit...

if nothing else im improving my board game skills while watching the rain trickle down the window-pane..

• Advertisement

Just relax, honestly if you're not happy you can appeal and examine marking schemes and see why not but most people find they get what they deserve.

Advertisement