Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch sensitive illuminated light switch.

Options
  • 11-07-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

I will try to describe what I am after... I am looking for high end light switches that have a matt chrome style finish, touch sensitive and either a round or square button that has a blue or red illuminated border.

I am sure I have seen something like this somewhere at some time but I can't track one down though... any thoughts folks ?

best regards, baud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

It sounds like the type of thing you would see on the likes of 24 or CSI on TV, i have an idea what you are looking for and after doing some searching on the net i have found the following websites:

www.smarthome.com
    www.habitech.ie
    www.futronix.com
    www.ilight.co.uk

They all have a fair few products and at a glance i didnt see what you were looking for but id say at least they might be able to point you in the right direction if you give them your description...

Hope thats helpful...

Head Light

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks ! I will have a trawl through those sites and send off a few mails...

The link below is something fairly close I found on ebay, I was looking for something not just as fancy though... basically I just wanted a square button in the middle with an illuminated surround... what ye think though of these ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DESIGNER-STEEL-TOUCH-LIGHT-SWITCH-2-GANG-NEW-SPACE_W0QQitemZ120140444993QQihZ002QQcategoryZ57215QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:cool: Cool! Thats what i think of them...very cool indeed, im a total sucker for blue lights. I will probably buy some when i find out if they work in Ireland. I dont understand all this "one way, 2 gang" lingo...

Great price too, some of the products on the websites were very expensive indeed...

Blue Head

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

I am going to buy one to see what the quality / operation is like...

Also...

1 Gang = 1 Switch
    2 Gang = 2 Switches

1 Way = Lights on/off from one location
    2 Way = Lights on/off from two locations if you have identical switch at far end.

I assume then that they are compatible with the wiring systems etc... here in Ireland? Let me know how you get on with them coz i would probably buy some myself if they are worth it...

Thanks for the explanations...

Gang Head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I got some that look very like what you describe in Homebase on the Naas Road. Brushed stainless steel finish switches with a red and green led that illuminates showing you whether the switch is on or off. They sit flush to the wall with no visible screws. They have a stainless steel surround and two flat square stainless steel buttons, one for on and one for off, pressing multiple times they work as a dimmer to about 6 pre-set levels. They work a treat and look the part. I can’t remember the brand and won’t be home for a few days, but they are in a clear plastic box with cardboard insert and were hanging in the same section as the wall sockets. I think they were about €25 a pop for singles and €35 for doubles.

Sounds good John...

Ive also found these two websites, they havent got the exact thing you want but they have some cooooooooooooool stuff... Im still searching though, cant find them on Homebase website either...

http://www.forbesandlomax.co.uk
    http://www.anigmo.com

Head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I've gotten a few contactum touch dimmers in the past but they don't have the light on them. Main reason I got them was because they are remote control. They can also be programmed to use any remote you have at home. Brushed chrome with a circular touch button in the centre. Handy for the sitting room to control lights and lamps from the couch. Cost about €50 from Botanic Electrical in Drumcondra, 8379281. They are special order only.

Advertisement