Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek madone frame

Options
  • 11-07-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

i was thinking of changing the frame on my bike early next year, and i was thinking of going for a trek madone 5.2. I have i main reason for this is because of the size's available in the trek frame and i want a 60cm frame. i was looking at various online retailers and i cant seem to find a online trek stockist. I am not going to buy it online just looking at price, colour etc.

So i am thinking maybe a trek 5000, or a madone 5.2 anyone got any better suggestions.

It will have a full ultegra groupset, and fulcrum racing 3 wheels

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 blacka01

Hi I have a 2006 Madone 5.2 frame in a 60cm. Did you know that Trek have just revamped the Madone range? Don't know if they are for sale yet but Discovery are riding them in the Tour

Too be honest though, if I was buying just a new frame I'd be looking for something a bit more interesting than a Trek. Orbea, Look, Time, Colnago, De Rosa, Ridley etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Joe Daly's in Dundrum have one of the new Madones hanging on their wall. Nice looking bike.

I have a 5000 myself which I'm very happy with, would have thought it in quite a different class though and don't even know if you can get it as a frameset. The 5000 is a heavier carbon made in Taiwan while the Madones are lighter OCLV and made by Trek in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

blacka01 wrote:
    Hi I have a 2006 Madone 5.2 frame in a 60cm. Did you know that Trek have just revamped the Madone range? Don't know if they are for sale yet but Discovery are riding them in the Tour

Too be honest though, if I was buying just a new frame I'd be looking for something a bit more interesting than a Trek. Orbea, Look, Time, Colnago, De Rosa, Ridley etc etc?

Dont suppose you would sell yours :P

I have been looking around the web and there are some frames but i cant seem to get anything in my size.

also is cyclesuperstore a bit more expensive that every where else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 blacka01

E@gle. wrote:
    Dont suppose you would sell yours :P

I have been looking around the web and there are some frames but i cant seem to get anything in my size.

Nah, I reckon I'll hang on to it for another year at least. Remember that Trek measure their frames centre-top, most other manufacturers measure centre-centre, so a 60cm Trek = a 58cm in most other brands. TBH my frame is a little on the small side for me (6' 3", 34" inside leg) - alot of seatpost showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

E@gle. wrote:
    also is cyclesuperstore a bit more expensive that every where else
    I've found that when you use the Loyalty Card they are quite competitive, sometimes even beating BikeDock and ChainReactionCycles.

Evan Cycles stock Trek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

gonna go for a ridley orion in a few months time

Advertisement