Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon TDI 140bhp

Options
  • 12-07-2007 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at this as a possibility, with automatic transmission. Has anyone tried it, either manual or automatic? It seems very competitively priced; the only bad thing said about it in reviews seems to be that the suspension is hard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Michael G wrote:
    I'm looking at this as a possibility, with automatic transmission. Has anyone tried it, either manual or automatic? It seems very competitively priced; the only bad thing said about it in reviews seems to be that the suspension is hard.

The VAG DSG box is supposed to be the one to get, not sure if it is available in the Leon though. It has received great reviews in other VAG cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Thanks. It does seem to be available, from what I can find out on the web. Certainly it is the one I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I've driven that engine / gearbox combo in a Passat. Great engine and superb gearbox - went like stink.

Haven't driven a new Leon - did drive the Toledo when it was first launched (current model) in both 1.6 petrol and 1.9Tdi. 1.6 was way underpowered for the size of car, but the 1.9Tdi was fairly OK. Bit of body roll on the Toledo but I'd say that the Leon wouldn't suffer from that.

Go for one with the SEAT Aero body kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

I've the DSG in an A3 2.0 TDI 140bhp, great combination. Loads of torque. I'm sure the Leon is more or less the same.

I've been reading UK reviews of the Leon 2.0 (140 bhp) diesel DSG and one of them suggested that it was a bit slow to accelerate from a standstill. Anyone have any experience of this? I have noticed this with my Skoda Superb 130 bhp diesel auto — it takes a second or two to get its head together when I want to get out of a side-road quickly after stopping at a Stop sign, which has made me a bit more cautious. I thought it might be a quirk of the Superb, which is a big heavy car, or a little problem with the chip, but perhaps it's more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

Michael G wrote:
    I've been reading UK reviews of the Leon 2.0 (140 bhp) diesel DSG and one of them suggested that it was a bit slow to accelerate from a standstill. Anyone have any experience of this?

Pretty much the same with mine. First gear is quite harsh and the turbo only seems to really kick in in second gear just past 2000rpm, but it's a huge torque kick at that point. With the DSG though you can quickly shift to 2 with the paddles once the car's in motion. Then everthing's dandy-o.

The s-line suspension is teeth shattering though, esp with the low profile 18" wheels. Not sure what wheels are on the Leon though.

Just bought the Leon FR petrol (200 bhp, DSG). I found a demo model with extras at a good price. I put it in Sports mode yesterday and floored the pedal and the experience was quite startling. The only problem is that you get to the speed limit in about 3 seconds so the excitement is very brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Michael G wrote: »
    Just bought the Leon FR petrol (200 bhp, DSG). I found a demo model with extras at a good price. I put it in Sports mode yesterday and floored the pedal and the experience was quite startling. The only problem is that you get to the speed limit in about 3 seconds so the excitement is very brief.

Were you in a 50kmph zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

tossy wrote: »
    Were you in a 50kmph zone?
    :D

Ho ho ho. Come and race me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Well, I suppose resurrecting your own thread is not that much of a mortaller....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Michael G wrote: »
    Ho ho ho. Come and race me :D

Race you to 50kmph?

Advertisement