Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge '3' Bill for going over 10gb

• 12-07-2007 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Anyone else get a huge bill from 3 for going over the 10gb?
    I got a bill for 202.78 euros in the post today!

I'll cut a long story short, I had gone over my limit on the 22nd, yet their software and website and my 'broadband' monitor said nothing of the sort, I was told i'd be notified when i was approaching the 10gb by 3 on the phone when i checked before, sure it stuck on the 27th at 9333mb, i thought no way could i be going over by much seeing as my bill was nearly due, got a bill today for 13.7gb! 3.7 over!

I spent over an hour on the phone to them today, argued and argued went around and around in circles, apparently, you have a credit limit of 160-something euros, THEN is alerts you have gone over?! so i should of been alerted on the 22nd when i reached 10gb but instead they said (which i never got) they sent the alert when i reached the 160 euro limit on the 30th! 'i dont disagree with you sir but there is nothing i can do' x10000 but managed to my bill down to 50 euros.

Just thought id let other people know, dont stand for it, we had no proper way to monitor the data usage, they didn't alert me when they admitted they should of, and the link as posted here on boards wasn't being updated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 White Widow

oh yeah, and my sisters boyfriend also got a bill of 136.34 for 12.3gb
    haven't had the energy to ring them back about that yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

"should have"

sorry, wrecking my head.

Did you ask to speak to someone higher up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 White Widow

yeah i was supposedly speaking to a manager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Ok so u say it showed 9333mb for the 27th, so what period does the bill cover from june____ to ____??

And did u use it alot were downloading much stuff from the web??

u got me paranoid now...my first bill is due any day??:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The only reliable way to check your usage is to ring them on 083 333 3333.

It does suck that you can't check the usage online - they can in the UK by logging into My3, but you need a 3 handset to do it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

I would not give them anything,the software they provided to monitor the usage was wrong/faulty,their fault,not yours!
    Call 3 and keep argueing past the monkeys til u get to speak to a manager,
    Tell him youre going to cancel the contract,report them to comreg and trading standards and if they attempt to debit this from your account you will start legal proceedings
    They will give in if u make enough noise,trust me,I work for one of these companies

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Haha, and so it begins..In one way i say yes, don't pay and go down the comreg route and be a rebel but the the other side says pay your bills and learn how to use the fuping thing and stop blameing this that and the other.

YOU used the service and went way over cap. You were told you had 10gigs you must have read that software and 3s site were crap and that the only way to avoid HUGE bills was to call them. I have 100MB left between now and Monday, i know this cos i called them and im not gona get a HUGE bill and have to take it easy, no BF2 for a few days. You and anybody that gets a HUGE bill and start crying and looking for ways of not to pay are just dickheads. Grow up and grow a pair.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭Jools Poker

very interested to see your post White Widow as I've been thinking about moving to 3- i currently use the vodafone 3g card for my laptop and find the connection is very bad some days...also as i tend to use it for very long periods on a very regular basis I have also gone over my limit (which I think is a lot less than the 3 limit) but my bills which within normal usage should be 50 euro a month usually come to about 70 quid.......but like I say I have it on practically all the time...so maybe I should stick with vodafone...stories of big bills like that with 3 definitely a concern!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Haha, and so it begins..In one way i say yes, don't pay and go down the comreg route and be a rebel but the the other side says pay your bills and learn how to use the fuping thing and stop blameing this that and the other.

YOU used the service and went way over cap. You were told you had 10gigs you must have read that software and 3s site were crap and that the only way to avoid HUGE bills was to call them. I have 100MB left between now and Monday, i know this cos i called them and im not gona get a HUGE bill and have to take it easy, no BF2 for a few days. You and anybody that gets a HUGE bill and start crying and looking for ways of not to pay are just dickheads. Grow up and grow a pair.:)

^^ What he said..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

With that excess charge for going over the cap, ye could buy a second usb modem/subscription to three, and you could just switch modems every two weeks.... works out at 40 euro (excluding modem costs) same as 02 after their 3 month offer expires.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

WezzyB wrote:
    With that excess charge for going over the cap, ye could buy a second usb modem/subscription to three, and you could just switch modems every two weeks.... works out at 40 euro (excluding modem costs) same as 02 after their 3 month offer expires.....
    I thought about doing that aswell,but id probly get mixed up somehow
    and get a huge bill anyway,would be cool if u could upgrade to 20gig for 40a month on the same card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Why not just buy two of these modem's. Or better still get two sim cards and change it after 15days so you only need one modem.

Also what are you guys doing to go over your 10gigs ?
    I just do light surfing and also play WoW which does not take much megs to play. I'd say i only have used 2gigs since i got it on the 26th of last month.

Also for keeping track of your usage all u need to do is double click on your connection in the tool bar at the botom right cornor and put how much megs you have used onto paper. That's if you dont trust there program they give you. Failing that i guess you could always phone them.

dOh! ok poster above just said the same, must learn to read before posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

My brother cleared our statistics on their software on day 2 and my other brother did it on day 5 for some reason. The first time it was done, it stopped counting however and hasn't started again since.

Don't know why my other brother reset it, maybe he thought it would get it going again. We see the current rate etc.. but the total disappears.

The software is crap anyway. They'd be better to integrate it with the connect to menu in Windows and give you a website to check your stats on and get rid of that buggy piece of crap software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I also wonder what you guys have been doing to go over the cap. I find it nearly impossible to use more than 5 GB, and I surf the web, do email, VPN and download some files as well.

Have you been using BitTorrent or another P2P file sharing program by any chance? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

the simplest way to keep tabs on yr usage is to phone them, just make sure you have yr reg number handy.

Advertisement