Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New MGS4 trailer..theories in here now!

Options
  • 12-07-2007 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Alright we got ourselves a new MGS4 trailer:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/e3-metal-gear-solid-4-trailer-277459.php

Time to throw out theories!

As seen in the previous trailer we saw a brief clip of a young Solid Snake...I do believe it is heavily hinted as a seperate character in this one over the common theory that it was just old solid snake doning a disguise.

Where is this hint you ask?

Watch Meyrl's *foxhound* team in the new trailer, there is one soldier who is completely covered up and when the new nano-virus hits he is the only one unaffected.

What does this mean?

Well the only other character unaffected by the nanovirus is the liquid snake/ocelot combo.

Even Old Solid Snake is affected. That raises many questions. Does this soldier have the same dna as liquid/ocelot as so he wont be targeted or is he immune to the new strain of fox die?

I am pretty sure this character will be revealed as a young solid snake, a new clone being used by the remains of the patriots as a counter to Liquid or some plot element to explain the two running around at the same time.

The Big Boss theory obviously has been removed because Old Snake's eye patch thingy is on the wrong eye (I will f*cking kill Hideo if he simply swaps it just before it goes gold.). Also Naomi states in the narration she injected the foxdie into *your* body snake.

Obviously like Metal Gear Solid 2 (with its parallals to metal gear solid) there seems to be alot of parallels between the original Metal Gear and this one, this soldier being what appears to be the youngest member of foxhound (as was solid) who is sent to destroy outer heaven.

So i'm convinced he's Solid Snake (the fact he is completely covered up just adds to this)

Other questions and thoughts.

The Vamp vs Raiden fight is all kinds of awesome, and its cool that vamp is back. Though I see Raiden still cant rid himself of his feminane nature with those high heeled boots.

Who is the person in the chopper, it looks like EVA from MGS 3 which is impossible but it could be another clue, I doubt its Naomi Hunter, she is the one narrating (I think) and appears to be on the opposite side of Liquid, so I'm curious to who the mysery person is.

Damn MGS always gets me going!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No theories here, but I like your Snake clone one.

But unlike you I'm not happy Vamp is back, I never liked him.

Sure as hell looks like Naomi in the chopper to me. And regarding the clip of a young Snake in the last trailer, that could just me Mr. Kojima f***ing with us.
    I still can't stand Raiden, and no amount of fancy fight scenes is going to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The covered up soldier unaffected by the nano-machine revolt sounds pretty young (my first guess was Raiden without the suit but too much points in a different direction). I wouldn't be surprised if it's not just another Snake clone... 'les enfants terrible' back in action.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

when is being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

spring 08

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Does anybody anything about the rumours about it apperaing on 360 or is it just a load of bollox?????
    who is the team with meryl when she is sneaking into the enemy camp

Jack Tretton said it was exclusive to PS3 and no one from Konami said otherwise. I assume that the team with Meryl is the new Foxhound that she referred to in a previous trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Watch Meyrl's *foxhound* team in the new trailer, there is one soldier who is completely covered up and when the new nano-virus hits he is the only one unaffected.
    There appears to be a little bit of blonde hair sticking out from under his mask. Can anyone with a reasonable quality version and frame advance have a look?
    You can't see any skin aside from on his face, so I'm tempted to say it's Robo-Raiden. The sunglasses would make sense then, since his eyes are all freaky now.

His voice is different, similar to Raiden, but different. It could just be some regular soldier wearing a balaclava!

then why isnt he affected by the nano virus? He's the only one...so why?

• Advertisement

Maybe he doesn't have any nanomachines in him, I dunno. But its a theory all the same isn't it?

yes...but it would still make him a vital plot point beyond *just a soldier*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Does this soldier have the same dna as liquid/ocelot as so he wont be targeted or is he immune to the new strain of fox die?

I don't think this is true. I'm not saying it can't be a clone but I think the soldier is unaffected because he does not have nanomachines.

However, blonde hair would actually be another point that helps the 'soldier is a clone' argument, because if you remember, Solid and Liquid Snake were originally blonde (something that always bugged me about MGS3 btw...).
    Who is the person in the chopper, it looks like EVA from MGS 3 which is impossible but it could be another clue, I doubt its Naomi Hunter, she is the one narrating (I think) and appears to be on the opposite side of Liquid, so I'm curious to who the mysery person is.

I think it is Noami, acting as an expert for Liquid Ocelot with regards the battlefield control system. She may have a change of heart halfway through the game or be acting as a double agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Oh God... what if it's Rose.

"I broke into your house Jack, it's empty... like your heart. LOOOOVVVE MEEEEE"

i thought i had it figured out for a second there...

the new soldier would be Olga's child
    the one the patriots took, and were using him as a secret operative
    would explain the blonde hair.

But...if my calculations are correct he would only be 7 years old by the time of the fourth game (born two years before the big shell incident) so unless Kojima has a trick around that it aint him :(

would have been cool though if it was...

It could be a scenario like in sons of liberty where parts of the game take place at different times. This way it could be Raiden before he becomes a cyborg. But snakes aged look wouldnt support that I suppose. Or it could just be member of Meryls team without any nanomachines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

New trailer up showing the new bad guys!

Sweet!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23939.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Apparently Liquid has some how transplanted the brains of the old Foxhound team into robots, ala Robocop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I recall it mentioned in MGS2 that Snake recovered Liquid's body from some facility to
    fake his own death
    . So I guess if someone recovered Liquid's corpse from Shadow Moses, they could've gotten the other's too.
    Though if that's the case, I imagine Snake will be kicking himself for not stealing those too.

Also in the trailer it says that they're Soldiers who were shell shocked and suffering PTSD, and went nutso, then got turned into War Machines. So that might suggest it's not the Foxhound gang's brains.

Giblet wrote:
    Apparently Liquid has some how transplanted the brains of the old Foxhound team into robots, ala Robocop.

source?

For a second i thought it was the reincarnation of the specs ops team from snake eater cause the flying one kept screaming out *RAGE!* which if liquid is half ocelot...could be possible.

but very unlikely.

I'm not as impressed with them as I was with previous MGS bossess, mainly cause in previous mgs the bossess, despite them all being soldiers tend to look very unique. I dislike the uniformed black armour...but if its because of the plot...and its a good plot...then I shant complain much more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Have to agree with blitzkrieg the bosses pretty similair for my liking and less human hideo kojima sure does love the mechs this year maybe he has been watching too much mech anime:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

51c7aa3c576bf8feb9770aakt5.jpg

All being:
    Decoy Octopus
    Sniper Wolf
    Psycho Mantis
    Vulcan Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Giblet wrote:
    51c7aa3c576bf8feb9770aakt5.jpg

All being:
    Decoy Octopus
    Sniper Wolf
    Psycho Mantis
    Vulcan Raven

maybe it's abit late to reply:p

four of them didnt remind you of those guys from MGS1?:D

it may will really be the last game of the series...

and hell,this is the only reason that i planning to buy a ps3!!the later it comes its better(so i could save up some money),but i just cant waot for it already!!:cool:

maybe its time to make tonnes of friends who own a ps3??so i could borrow from them??:confused:

*sigh*

p/s:E3's video and Germany's GC released all the latest videos of MGS4,if you havent seen the B&B(aka beauty and the beast unit) video...

I'm still leaning heavily to them being the spec ops team from Snake eater

epecially because of the last trailer
    EVA from Snake Eater makes an appearance as Big Momma!

Advertisement