Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a loan

Options
  • 12-07-2007 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,
    I am seeking advice about how to get a loan. Im 19, and Im taking a year out of college. Im working full time in a job that pays about €550 euro p/ week. I went to Bank of Ireland and applied for a student loan and was told that I would need collateral from one of my family members if Im to take out the loan however none of my family members would be willing to give me the collateral because they dont agree the reason I need the money (to help a friend in need out). Alot of money has been sent through my account in the past months and Im sure I would be able to pay it off. Has anyone any suggestions how I could solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

fizzimoon wrote:
    Hello,
    I am seeking advice about how to get a loan. Im 19, and Im taking a year out of college. Im working full time in a job that pays about €550 euro p/ week. I went to Bank of Ireland and applied for a student loan and was told that I would need collateral from one of my family members if Im to take out the loan however none of my family members would be willing to give me the collateral because they dont agree the reason I need the money (to help a friend in need out). Alot of money has been sent through my account in the past months and Im sure I would be able to pay it off. Has anyone any suggestions how I could solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Why can't your friend sort himself out? Perhaps the credit union may help you out. He might be your friend but thread very carefully. You shouldnt be getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed. There is nothing quicker to end a friendship than money.

Credit Union might help, but I suspect you would get the same reaction from other lenders as you did from BOI.

Advertisement