Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thr rock!!

• 12-07-2007 5:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

hey all!!! i know ye have all heard this about 1 million times before.. but does anybody know if the rock has any plans to return to working in wwe.. wwe wrestling in my opinion has been very boring since he left!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If you were the Rock would you go back to wrestling right now? I see no benefit for him. He's moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

dillaneS wrote:
    hey all!!! i know ye have all heard this about 1 million times before.. but does anybody know if the rock has any plans to return to working in wwe.. wwe wrestling in my opinion has been very boring since he left!!:confused:

He's not coming back, and neither is Steve Austin and neither is Bret Hart.
    It's called retirement :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Ah Rock will be back doing bits and pieces now and again. He may even do the odd 'Mania match. I can`t see him ever coming back full time though. Which is an awful shame:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

If you were the Rock would you go back to wrestling right now? I see no benefit for him. He's moved on.

well I dont see him doing anything worthwhile now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

evad_lhorg wrote:
    well I dont see him doing anything worthwhile now.

He makes more money doing one crap film than he would from wrestling for a year full time. What he's doing now is a lot easier on his body, his health, his family and his bank account

I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for a WM match, but not for a few years yet

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    He makes more money doing one crap film than he would from wrestling for a year full time. What he's doing now is a lot easier on his body, his health, his family and his bank account

I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for a WM match, but not for a few years yet

This is pretty much the correct answer, and if it's the case that he does a Mania match, it'll be at the right time, for the right money against someone who isn't liable to injure him.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i just wanna see the rock,just once cut a promo on kennedy and vice versa,thatd be comedy gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dillaneS

krudler wrote:
    i just wanna see the rock,just once cut a promo on kennedy and vice versa,thatd be comedy gold

ya exactly!! wrestling needs him in my opinion!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dillaneS wrote:
    ya exactly!! wrestling needs him in my opinion!!

But the real question is does he need wrestling and I think the answer of thatis no!

kearnsr wrote:
    But the real question is does he need wrestling and I think the answer of thatis no!

This is the correct answer! :)
    VR!

• Advertisement

I would say he will definitely be back for one match. He is a third Gen wrestler so he has alot of respect for the business. He knows he can always fall back on wrestling if he Hollywood career takes a nose dive.I will be suprised if he doesnt return in all honesty.

He is a third Gen wrestler so he has alot of respect for the business. He knows he can always fall back on wrestling if he Hollywood career takes a nose dive.I will be suprised if he doesnt return in all honesty.

He was the first 3rd generation star to show up in the WWE wasn't he?
    Doubt he'd fall back into wrestling permanently, he has stated in many past interviews that his back has gone to sh*t over time and that he could never wrestle full time again.

VR!

He was the first 3rd generation star to show up in the WWE wasn't he?

I think Jeff Jarrett holds that honour

I don't think his Hollywood career is going to take a nosedive, because it's not all that great to begin with. But the fact is that he's being paid more than any wrestler in the world and he's an intelligent man, I don't think he'd have to work another day in his life if he wanted to. There's plenty of easier and healthier ways for him to make money now, and I wouldn't be surprised if WWE in the last few years has killed his interest in wrestling!

Fozzy wrote:
    I think Jeff Jarrett holds that honour

I don't think his Hollywood career is going to take a nosedive, because it's not all that great to begin with. But the fact is that he's being paid more than any wrestler in the world and he's an intelligent man, I don't think he'd have to work another day in his life if he wanted to. There's plenty of easier and healthier ways for him to make money now, and I wouldn't be surprised if WWE in the last few years has killed his interest in wrestling!

Do'h! Thought Jarrett was only second generation.
    Dwayne Johnson also holds a Guinness world record for being the highest paid debut actor for his role in The Mummy i think.

VR!

Jeff's da's mother was a promoter and his mother's father was a wrestler, although I think WWE did call The Rock their first 3rd generation wrestler, probably because his family had wrestled for them before. I think Jeff's grandfather was on TNA once or twice

I think Rock got something like $7.5 million for just doing the Mummy Returns and The Scorpion King. Add in another few films and that's a lot more than the total he made from wrestling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Fozzy wrote:

Dont think its really helped his family. Think hes just separated from his wife

Shaneomac wrote:
    Fozzy wrote:

Dont think its really helped his family. Think hes just separated from his wife

Yeah, read that on wikipedia. Problem there is that any Joe Schmo can put that in. It's still better for his health though. :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

It was in the Sun too =/ as unreliable as wiki though

Advertisement