Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Monkstown...

Options
  • 12-07-2007 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi All - I'm currently living in Bray with no phone line, so pretty much our only broadband option was Irish Broadband - now we're moving to Monkstown (still with no phone line) and am wondering what the best options are for broadband there, in terms of value for money. We have Breeze 2MB at the mo for €35.99 - we are currently thinking of going with NTL just to keep the TV/broadband bills together, for convenience - but if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with them I'd love to hear about it...

I'm not very techie-minded, but the only complaint I have about Irish Broadband is that the connection seems to keep dropping and reconnecting, which slows down P2P downloads...

We are not heavy users, but do a bit of a torrent downloading - any advice? I'm checking out getbroadband.ie and broadband.gov.ie but I get confused with all the different specs and stuff... would appreciate any help...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jmcwobbles wrote:
    We have Breeze 2MB at the mo for €35.99 - we are currently thinking of going with NTL just to keep the TV/broadband bills together, for convenience - but if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with them I'd love to hear about it...

Check the past threads for plenty of complaints about NTL. Going without a phone line reduces your options considerably (ie. no Magnet/Smart/East etc). And how many is we, as you may need/want to get a different router if it's multiple machines.

Advertisement