Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl problems?

Options
  • 12-07-2007 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Anyone having NTL issues lately? Living in town, near Dominick St and have had no broadband for 3 days and really bad TV reception. Rang NTL, they said there was no known issue but they would check it out. I have tried all the internal solutions and no joy - is it just me or is anyone else having hassle at the mo?

Cheers :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

hm, I had a LOT of problems with them (broadband, not so much the tele), up to the point where I rang them every night, without fail.

It turned out (after the 17th time I rang them, they finally sent out a technician) that somehow we were the last house on the road, and we didn't get enough bandwidth (or something to that effect, didn't really understand the explanation). Anyways, the technician fiddled around a bit, and now everything is perfect again!

Just threaten them with changing to another supplier, and ask them to send out a technician!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Was out at an apartment at Terryland yesterday - NTL Broadband down

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I live in the west and telly is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'm in Doughiska and its working fine, telly and broadband...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i'm living on dominick st and i can honestly say our ntl tv has gone a little fuzzy! well, the tv watcher in the house says so :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

biko wrote:
    I live in the west and telly is fine.

You live "down" the west biko ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Broadband is down in the docks. have to ring NTL about it. Tellys fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bcloh

I'm in the Rahoon area and I am having problems with both. One thing to check is that all cable connections are tight. My broadband went down before and a tech came out and just tighened all the connections.
    But lately the broadband service had not ben great and my TV does seem fuzzy. Funny, the TV is ok when its through the digital box but the regular channels through the coax cable are fuzzy - on all tv's.

I did have a call from NTL trying to sell their phone service to me and I complained to the guy on the line, asking him wht would I bother with their phone service when their broadband service is up and down like a yoyo. He said they were upgrading the hardware and thats why the service was so poor in the past few weeks. Believe him or believe him not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I wonder are you entitled to anything for lost service.

of course you are, you just have to ask for it! You're paying for a service that's not delivered, so ask for a refund!

(after they fixed my broadband, they adjusted my bill for the period between the first call complaining and the last one - a total of two month! I mentioned that I would like to receive some sort of refund - otherwise they wouldn't have.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Woohooo just in home... its back!!! YAY Thanks for the replies, sorry I didn't post back , mad day at work. Appreciate the input though, good to know wasn't just me going crazy hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

you have to complain as soon as you have a problem or you still have to pay is their official line..

their always fuking up and are mostly slow to act and unhelpful if not rude. my girlfriend used to work for them but left when she got sick of people attacking her down the phone for stuff the technicians and others should be dealing with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Livign in Renmore, been out of the country for the last week. It went just before I flew out, just back, and it's still gone. Need to call them now.

actually, I never found their hotline staff rude, just mostly useless (like your one who chased me thorugh the whole procedure of plugging and unplugging the blasted modem twice, even though I told her I'd already done it, and it turned out it was a line problem...aaargh. Or the one who, when the boyfriend asked to speak to her manager, gave him the general call center number for Dublin (the one you can dial when you're abroad, basically the back up for the 1800 number). That didn't help, really).

And it's bloody annoying that there does not seem (or maybe there is...) to be a link between the complaints line and the sales line - every time I rang up with a complaint, I got a sales call the day after. Those poor guys still don't know what hit them, I think...

Or the technician who, instead of installing the cables properly, threw 20 meters of cable into the living room and buggered off, because there was a match on he wanted to see, so he had to get home.

Then again, the other technicians I met (and I met a lot of them :mad: ) were lovely, and really helpful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

as luck would have it ntl have an office in eyre sq. also a number of upc staff seem to be in and out of the office found them useful when getting service set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

the company i work for have ntl for its net nad it up and down to many times we beside Dominick St
    and now have a t1 link via 64 dominick st roof

ask few in the area and there sick off ring ntl about so we moved to BT for the net and getting in a dish forare Music and dsl link to Spain

ntl dont give a f..k
    sad that there gone that way

Advertisement